S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 with a 4.3 and it starts really hard when it cranks it seems to hit a spot where it is hard to turn over and then the engine free spins after a few tries then it starts and idles fine then when u give it gas it starts missing and blowing fuel out the tell pipe. but then i can pull the wire off of plug 4 and the truck starts up fine and is able to maintain a steady idle basically it runs better with a dead cylinder don't know wats wrong checked plug and wires already. I'm on a very limited time table guys so somebody please help any input will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if this helps i also have a msd 6al ignition box nothing is wrong with the box because ive disconnected it and the truck is still doing the samething i just wonder if it could have burned anything up ecause the rest of the ignition system is stock sombody please have some idea of wats going on i dont want to take it to a shop

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
sounds like your timing is way out of wack and you are getting a little compression lock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for ur help but i didnt have the time to work on it so i took it to a shop and the problem was the cap was cracked and the pickup coil was bad thanks anyways guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts