S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I play in the street
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 s-10 2.2l. I need to know....
Is it a 2 bar MAP sensor?
What about after marker fuel pumps?
What are the ratings on stock fuel injectors?
Thanks
TJ

·
Registered
463 Posts
its not a 2 bar sensor
yes there are aftermarket fuel pumps, but I don't know if you need one
I'm gonna say 17# for the stock injectors but i'm not sure about that

Alan

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
the stock injectors are about 12lbs/hr very small.accell has a set for a pretty good price
ACC-150121 Fuel Injector Universal High Impedance 21 lbs/hr Flow Rate $34.39

ACC-150124 Fuel Injector Universal High Impedance 24 lbs/hr Flow Rate $34.39

I suggest the 21lb injectors

and ther is a current discussion about the map sensor being a 2 bar or not.the way i see it as well as others and some dont agree is if it wasnt a 2 bar sensor then it would not be able to read boost at all but since it does and the adequate amount of fuel keeps the comp from freaking out.and guys are running 10 psi with no problems i along with others believe it is.some people dont think it is because they hooked it up to a diagnostic comp and it only reads low voltage.but still if it was no a 2 bar sensor then it could not read boost at all and it would not run right even if you did add the correct amount of fuel and timing

·
Registered
463 Posts
not this again
it is a five volt sensor -14.7 psi being 0 volts, zero psi being 5 volts (well 4.9X). if you add the right amount of fuel and set the timing right you will have more horsepower and it will be running the best that it can, so i don't know how you think it wouldn't run right. mine seems like it is running fine, but it is running lean. the computer sees the detonation and turns back the timing and i loose hp. not to mention that the egt is going to be way to high. the injectors are way to small and it is only a 1 bar sensor. so i'm picking up a new map sensor and an extra set of injectors and a fuel rail. I'm going with extra injectors because it is going to be easier to tune

later
Alan

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
325c2 said:
not this again
it is a five volt sensor -14.7 psi being 0 volts, zero psi being 5 volts (well 4.9X). if you add the right amount of fuel and set the timing right you will have more horsepower and it will be running the best that it can, so i don't know how you think it wouldn't run right. mine seems like it is running fine, but it is running lean. the computer sees the detonation and turns back the timing and i loose hp. not to mention that the egt is going to be way to high. the injectors are way to small and it is only a 1 bar sensor. so i'm picking up a new map sensor and an extra set of injectors and a fuel rail. I'm going with extra injectors because it is going to be easier to tune

later
Alan
so you have basically just said it is a 2 bar sensor.14.7 psi being 0 volts well that is 1 bar and zero bring 5 volts.it has to beable to detect vaccum and that would be the other bar.just because it reads14.7psi makes it a 2 bar sensor.the only way it could be a 1 bar is if it doesnt not recognize boost at all.in our case it is.if you did have the correct amount of fuel then the truck wouldnt be flashing lean codes.high EGT's are from lean conditions the more fuel you add the cooler itll be thats a given so how did egt's even get mentioned in this.if our trucks had a 1 bar sensor they could not read any boost at all.if it reads boost its got to be a 2 bar sensor and if your running boost with a 1 bar sensor you would absolutely have to have a check valve on the sensor to trick it because it doesnot read boost.bottom line either it reads boost or it doesnt.hand and hand with that is its a 1bar if it doesnt its a 2 bar if it does.....just for you though 352ci ill try to get some more info on it and come back to talk to you about it.hey im not perfect and could be wrong but from what ive learned either it reads boost or it doesnt............

·
Registered
300 Posts
wow gutless i think you read a little quick there look right here very closely
-
WOW WHATS THAT

o dang thats a negative sign in from of the 14.7psi

jack ass

·
Registered
463 Posts
if it was no a 2 bar sensor then it could not read boost at all and it would not run right even if you did add the correct amount of fuel and timing
if you did have the correct amount of fuel then the truck wouldnt be flashing lean codes.high EGT's are from lean conditions the more fuel you add the cooler itll be thats a given so how did egt's even get mentioned in this
I’m just saying that they might seem to be running fine but they are probably running lean and yes I know what EGTs are and what makes them go up, but thanks for telling me.

Why is it so hard to believe that it is a 1 bar sensor, do your research and you will find out that you are wrong :finger:

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
Cavalier Connection sent RC Engineering a set of stock 1998 2.2 injectors to be flow tested. RC said that the injectors were 14 lbs/143cc's.

I have a set of "Ford Racing" 30 lbs low impedence injectors waiting for my turbo set up. I might need bigger injectors for the amount of power that I want to run.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
wow...u guys sure do get heated up over this bar sensor amount!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah i noticed that after i posted but its the internet you have to have something to argue about

and i'm right :booty: :phil:

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
325c2 said:
yeah i noticed that after i posted but its the internet you have to have something to argue about

and i'm right :booty: :phil:
yeah, there hasnt been an arguement in the 2.2 section for awhile since my motor blew and i havent been posting about how worthless this motor is :blaugh:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
cavalier connection said they have check valves.....but don't include them in the kits because they aren't necessary...but they do reccomend buying bigger injectors, that they also sell......they sell map sensor check valves for 3 dollars

Caleb

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
no f u im right hahaha im not getting heated am just having a conversation here with ol 352c2 and its the most intelligent conversation ive had here ina while.its nice to see more people actually studying their shiz and not just throwin shizzz out.i am in the process of actually getting answers i searched for about 2 hrs yesterday and called a couple of places and no one could tell me what the answer is.im waiting on reply's from a few other.the part # i have for our map sensors is 16212460 see what you can come up with......................

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
its a 1 bar, thats what it says at work in the computer

Caleb

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Found on a website that on the map sensor on top of where the connector plugs in there is 7 numbers.The first set of three indicate what bar reading the sensor has.1 bar sensors have the #'s 039,460,883.2 bar #'s 886,012,539,609.3 bar sensor #749

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
and none of which help most of us my map sensor starts with a 162,16212460 to be exact and my grommet is orange.why post this twice you started a whole thread about it and now ypou posted the same info here just a waste of space

1 - 20 of 42 Posts