S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy's got one of those crown victorias or town cars, can't remember which. got the factory air ride installed, his compressor's goin' to sh** on him. he wanted to know if it was possible now that he has to work on it, what would he have to do/install to make this an adjustable suspension?

he's not looking to hit the ground with it, just wants to pull up to the lights an' hit the switches. can it be done? keep in mind it's in wisconsin winter, an' on a budget.

·
Registered
193 Posts
prolly need some shock waves, 8 valves for individual wheel control, or 4 for f/b control. a tank maybe, new compressor, switches

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You can bypass the factory system. You will need to wire in your own valves, pump, tank ect like what everyone was telling. You will also either need to do something with the valve on top of the bag. Each bag ha a valve that is integrated into the top plate where the air inlet goes in. Now we have actually made a fitting that replaces the OEM fitting that contains the valve. We turned ours off on a lather and found an O-ring that would work to reseal it. I have also heard of guys wiring that valve into there switch set up so that it opens up the same time the other valves open up. If I remember right there is a forum that is dedicated to the Mark 7's and there are quite a few guys on there that have added an aftermarket airsystem to there cars. One guy goes by DJKale...... he can even be found on our forum.....

Tony...

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm liking what i'm hearing. what i was worried about was the constant adjustment factor and the bags blowing. i don't know the weight cap. of the bags. under a grand is well worth it. i'm thinking he's just looking for f/b more than individual control.

so probably 4 valves, line, switches, tank, am i missing anything?

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, blonde moment, i'm sure i would've caught that when i went to fill up the tank, eh? thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts