S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Amber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i posted b4 taht i am getting rims for my 96 Ext. cab s10. and I guess I am getting 18's.............i had picked a set that i wanted, but they wont fit my truck...

i knwo nothing about getting rims.....i am new to all of this. can someone please tell me my bolt pattern, and where a good place to get some rims from.

i am looking for the rim and tire package. i dont want to spend a ton but i have a little more than $1000. someone please help!!! Thanks

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you will need a wheel with a bolt pattern of 4.75" x 5 the wheel also has to have a backspacing of 4.5" - 5" depending on its width, now some companies reffer to backspacing as offset, so for them you will need a 0mm - +15mm at most.

Post up some pics of the rims you like and we can let you kjnow if they will fit or not.

·
Amber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about tires. here in maine you have to get tires that will make the rim and tire the same size as the stock ones....because i have abs. so what size tires shoould i get, or will the rims come with the right ones?

·
Amber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you so much.....i am new to all this.

i found some rims i really like, and that i can afford.....can you tell me if they will fit, and if the tires that come with them are ok. I want to order them today....i am inpatient! LOL........this money is burning a hole in my pocket!

NEVER MIND THE COMPANY WILL EMAIL ME TO LET ME KNOW!

tHANKS ANYWAYS!!!!!!!

·
Amber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok..........I know i am a pain, but I need to make sure that I am doing this right!

these are the rims I ordered....

I had to get the adapter kit which i never heard of before, but a friend told me that if they are not made for RWD, it could cause damage and it will look funny on my truck!

I ordered them through wheelguyz over the phone and the guy told me that any rim would fit with the adapter kit.

Can some one tell me whats right? I can always cancel the order, if i have to.

thanks

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
no chance in hell those rims are gona fit correctrly without an adaptor. What is this kit hes talking about? If the kit is around 150 bucks and includes 4 spacers/adaptors that each are 1.5" thick, plus they change the bolt pattern... then those are the adaptors you need :haha: If not, then expect to be buying a set to run those wheels on your truck.

·
Amber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just talked to the guy, and he said i bought the right adapters.

bare with me i am still learning, and i get nervous that i am going to screw something up.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts