S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddy were talking about something original to do to my s-10 and we were thinking of putting doors on it that would lift up like a diablo's doors, anybody know how hard, time consuming or expensive it would be?? and has anyone ever seen this done

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I saw one before, It was a replacement hinge with a large spring that would open a couple of inches outward, then go up. It looked good, I'll try to find out details. I think it was $1200 for the kit, but I don't know if they have a universal kit or if it needs to be specially made for a certain car.

DogP

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here you go... a CRX with them, but it says that it cost $10,000 (maybe if you could do it yourself, it might be affordable)- http://members.tripod.com/crx97/crxproto/lambodoors.htm .
What I think would look really cool though is if you welded the part of the roof above the doors to the door frame and have them go straight up, not out then up. I have seen some Lamborghini replicas that have this type of door on it, so I would think you could adapt this kit to your truck with the right amount of money. If you do a search for Lamborghini Replicas, you could probably find a business that makes them, and maybe be able to get the parts from them... Just a thought.

DogP

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thats not a bad idea either, i'll have to take a look into that too, kind o like the back to the future car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm

Not knocking you for being original, but Ive seen it many times before. Are you gonna get some wire wheels that stick out while youre at it? Different is good, as long as it doesn't ruin your vehicle. To each his own I guess.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
ok IMO, I think it looks good on a lambo, so lets keep it there, and on an s-series, since the doors are so tall from top to bottom and so short from front to back, to get the doors out of the way while climbing in, they'd have to rotate alot farther around than a lambo door...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts