S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a posi 7.5 out of a olds bravada but the problem i have is that the axles in my rear end are a 26/27 spline while these one are a 30/31 would axles out of a 4x4 s10 have the larger spline or where would i go to find them....

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
um...s-10's have either 26 or 28 spline axles im pretty sure, so i dont think it would fit, but im not totally sure

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just counted the splines on the axle and they are 26 and the posi is 30 but i was wondering where i could get the axles for this posi... i got the posi off ebay otherwise it would have been wise to get the axles too

·
12,507 Posts
maybe you could get the axles made custom? ive never heard of a 30 spline axle in a 7.5"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no your right it's a 28 spline just counted eyes get dizzy trying to count them inside... are they found on 4x4's

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, the 8.5" has 28-spline, and i think some 7.625's have 28 spline, best thing to do is go to a junkyard and source them there, or order them from a truck parts magazine, or store

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you wouldn't happen to know if the newer s10 axles with the 28 spline are the same lenght as those in a 86 s10 do you

·
LEAD FOOT LARRY
423 Posts
The 28 spline axles are the same length as the 26 spline axles.

Some of the blazer and 4x4 axles are different lengths.

There is a debate when GM went to 28 splines, 88 or 89.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If the posi you got if for a 7.5 rear then you can just get 28 spline axles out of a newer s10 with a 7.5 rear. The 26 and 28 spline axle shafts are the same length and also use the same bearing and seal and the wheel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry ment to say at the wheel not and the wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts