S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my own truck and am having some issues trying to 4-link it, I want to build it myself and for it to function well. Any idea's or pictures would help alot.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
well there's a whole bunch of threads in this section, the body drop section, and in the member projects section. look around and you'll find them.

or type "4 link" in the "search forum" link above

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
finishing up building my own 4 link now...and i probably wouldnt do it again.

There is a reason why SD and LRD have complete kits

·
I Like 2 Cut Shit Up.
1,091 Posts
I also built mine and I would never buy one, I would much rather build it.:D

For the info and pics you are looking for do what wirrrey21 said, you will get all the info you need and then some.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
im gonna do my own link soon too.. why wouldnt you do it again?
IDK... there is A LOT of stuff to take into consideration. And for me it was/is very nerve wracking. Had I done a 4link or two before this it would have been a bit smoother. I also did a shit-ton of other things besides the 4 link which ate a ton of time, and money, and brain cells.

Don't get me wrong, it was DEF worth all the work and thinking and effort, as I am very happy with the end results, but I really think when I do another one I will buy a complete kit. I also think that in the long run the kit is cheaper than piecing one together

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you guys think is better a triangulated 4-link, Or is a parallel 4- link with hard bar?

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
yes no pan hards if you dont have to much cash i build 4 links and will send them were ever there cheaper then suicide and built with more heavy duty material

please explain "more heavy duty" b/c there links are already way way overkill. They look awesome, but there is no need for them to be that thick. So what are you bulding them out of , 4 inch tube with 3/4 inch axle brackets? Its just all adding weight, and is unnecessary

·
Registered
702 Posts
lol no not that over kill depends what you want i can make em inch and half quarter wall up to 2 inch od link bars with quarter wall i no its over kill for 2 inch but some people like the look of "beefy" stuff quarter inch tabs 9/16 bots they are over kill but beefier and cheaper ? cant go wrong with that and they dont have to be all round i can also do 2x2 custom wishbones ect and im sure will be better priced

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
lol no not that over kill depends what you want i can make em inch and half quarter wall up to 2 inch od link bars with quarter wall i no its over kill for 2 inch but some people like the look of "beefy" stuff quarter inch tabs 9/16 bots they are over kill but beefier and cheaper ? cant go wrong with that and they dont have to be all round i can also do 2x2 custom wishbones ect and im sure will be better priced
that doesnt seem to be any more heavy duty than SD.
all my tabs came from them, they are .25" thick with 9/16" hardware.

What kind of tube do you use?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am just going to end up doing a tri-4-link, Easier and looks good. I have look at a tone of trucks to get a better idea on how to run everything. I am Just going to go for a easy but clean look.

·
Registered
702 Posts
that doesnt seem to be any more heavy duty than SD.
all my tabs came from them, they are .25" thick with 9/16" hardware.

What kind of tube do you use?
quarter wall d.o.m. 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or 2 inch od and yes i know its way over kill i can also do .120 wall with gusset or w.e i know the tabs are the same i was talking about the links and just threw in what came with it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts