S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HotBlaze15
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my blazer back, I'm Active duty in Military, and i've had my car home, and not been able to work on it or maintain it for 8months. Durning those 8 months, I've had a few older, mature drivers drive it, but who knows what neglect has happend. But anyways...

When I drive slowly, (under 25-30mph) I hear a slight whinning, seems to be coming fromt he front end...It doesn't doesnt fluxiuate with engine rpm, just speed...its the same sound all the time, even if i'm turning, backing up, or stright line. I cant seem to hear it after 45-50mph, maybe because its just such a high pitch whine by then i cant hear it or my exhaust is covering up the sound.

I previously gone muddin a weekend before i noticed this noise. I did nothing to crazy, I went through a small mud bog, but nothing to deep or thick. I also did some trail riding, but then again, these trails are nothing, i did no articulation and no highspeed jumps, and no ground crashes or anything of that sort...

Another small problem is when I go over 50mph, a fierce shaking of the entire front end occurs. Feels like something is off balance or something of that nature. It shakes for a few seconds, then stops, then shakes some more, then stops..but this is all at the 50mph-75mph range...I dont feel a whole lot of shakin below 45mph..

Soooo do you think this is all assocatied with each other? how can I stop the whinning and she shaking...Do you think its just real bad mud buildup? Maybe mud in my calipers? I am up for any and all suggestions!

Thank you!

[Currently running at 99 S10 Blazer LS 4DR 4X4 (with autotrac) 2" Bodylift, T-bar Crank, Shackles in the rear, Procomp 31x10.50R15, 2" Wheelspacers , Dual Exhaust, Coldair....and alot more little stuff]

·
HotBlaze15
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotcha.....i'm guna try to get a lift bay on base here, so i can take off my wheels, and front skidplate shroud and see whats up....whats the signs of a bad idler arm? and how easy is it to fix?

what part of the brakes would make that whinning? maybe a dislocated brakepad??

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
HOTBLAZE15 said:
Gotcha.....i'm guna try to get a lift bay on base here, so i can take off my wheels, and front skidplate shroud and see whats up....whats the signs of a bad idler arm? and how easy is it to fix?

what part of the brakes would make that whinning? maybe a dislocated brakepad??
if you can shake your wheel left and right and they both move.. its easy as hell to fix...

·
HotBlaze15
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty, thanks i'll try that this weekend...so if both move thats bad, but if one moves, thats just a lower balljoint right?

·
PUNISHING GROUNDS
3,350 Posts
Im not sure, could b, or maybe a warped rotar. Ive heard breaks whine like that b4 tho. Just a thought. Could b what fetuss10 said too tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts