S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently put some 20's on my truck and i was wondering what drop kit would be best. Ive heard that a 2"/3" would work out just right. I dont want to do any modifications on the wheel wells and I dont want any problems with the tires rubbing. I want the whole kit spindles,coils, and leaf springs. Who sells these drop kits and who has the best price on them? Any info would help. By the way I want to do the install myself.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you are going to do a 2/3 then you wouldn't need spindles and coils both. Just get a 2" drop spindle, it'll ride better than coils. Then get some 3" leaves for the rear and you'll be set. Also it would be a good idea to get the spindles in case in the future you decide to bag your truck.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you have any plans of bagging your truck anytime in the future though, I would go with the spindles. You will keep the spindles and have to ditch the coils after bagging. Also if you bag it and have spindles you're gonna lay the front end out alot lower than if you don't have spindles. Also if you want control around corners, get a sway bar.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
santana said:
im also trying to find a local place that sells these damn drop kits everyone tells me that they would have to order them. Im looking for a shop that carries them.
Call harry's hot rod in GP. 972-264-7900
They keep a lot of stuff in stock, but you're gonna find cheaper prices online than locally here in the DFW area. All they do is order from the same place you would and raise the price by 25% or more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is this all i will need to buy to complete the drop. 2" Front spindles, 3" Rear Lowering Blocks, U-Bolts, Front & Rear Nitro Drop Shocks. Stylin concepts has all this for $379. is that good? or can i do without some of this stuff?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.