S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im installing my new seats today and i pull the carpet up and damn if i aint got i floor full of water so im trying to figure where its coming from i narrowed it down to running down or through the firewall past my fuse box :uhoh: and laying under my carpet my 2 guesses are either its came through the hole which the hood hinge is in or it came through the cowl somewhere i havent looked into any further yet but any thoughts are welcome cause im clueless as to how this happened :dunno:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
92S10LB said:
ok so im installing my new seats today and i pull the carpet up and damn if i aint got i floor full of water so im trying to figure where its coming from i narrowed it down to running down or through the firewall past my fuse box :uhoh: and laying under my carpet my 2 guesses are either its came through the hole which the hood hinge is in or it came through the cowl somewhere i havent looked into any further yet but any thoughts are welcome cause im clueless as to how this happened :dunno:
check your door seals

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: need help solving my leak

Tha_Boom said:

check your door seals
yeah i checked those and they're fine my carpet or seats dont get wet just the padding underneath and im pretty sure its coming from the fire wall cause i found drips running down from there , i think im missing a few rubber seals from the accident (i just never replaced them) :stupid: so im gonna look and see what more i can find today

·
frequent flyer
43 Posts
I had a car that did that once.The windshield was leaking,I had a glass shop reseal it.Did the windshield get damaged or replaced after the accident?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think i have a similar problem.

I had a huge amount of body work done on my 86 this fall.

She looks new now, but I noticed that the undermatting was wet.

Thats all I need is to rust out another cab mount :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed that you have a reg. cab, so this really doesnt apply... but i had a similar problem earlier this year. I got in my truck one day after it had been raining all day to find like half an inch of water sloshing around my feet... for the longest time i couldnt figure out where it was coming from, but i eventually replaced the seal around my rear driverside pop-out window on my xtended cab. Kind of a bummer though, i had to drive around for about a week without a carpet while i let it dry out.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah sounds about right im rockin no carpet for now till i find the leak, my thinkin is its coming through the cowl vent and the drain hole is blocked so its overflowing into my cabin :bash: im not 100% sure but this is a thought anyway . its raining right now so ill find out tomarrow morning if it leaked again . ill let yall know what i find :mad:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the plot thickens , so i poured about 5 gallons of water on the damn truck and it didnt leak WTF!!! but now i think i shorted something out from all that water cause i have no power now :rolleyes: oh well guess thats just my luck :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts