S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Son's Oma
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have speeds 1, 2, 3 on my heater fan but no high. Search indicates the resistor module but some indications are that High does not go through the resisitors???? And high is default when resistors go bad... I have the opposite problem.

Please confirm.

2.2 auto ZQ8 with air

Thanks

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
melted connector at blower speed switch in dash

common issue

reason is resistance in loose ocnnection on that spade terminal and it get hot and melts

seen it a thousand times

happens on the full size trucks too 88 up

defective connection loose

can cause fire

the worst ones are the grand prix and monte carlo and etc in the 97 to 03 years the red wire to the blower motor that connector inline there under pass side hush panel under dash it melts and catches fire i just had to cut that connecotr out and re do the wires on a buddys 97 recently

he had no idea it was about to be a rolling fireball

the wire was even burnt badly

GM has some real problems with blower motor connections in the 90s up for some reason i dont understand what the deal is

he lucky..

·
Son's Oma
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fastr68, I'll have a look at it. Truck is my sons and he's at school 2 hours away so I wanted to go prepared. I can rule out the resistor pack for High then? Is the switch a bitch to get at?

again thanks

·
Wondersmith
4,469 Posts
its not likely but if you cant find anything else, try the blower motor resistor, typicaly when those go out you only have hi and lo but who knows... i beleive on s10s it is under the glove box, but i could be wrong, ive only done them on a camry and sunfire...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts