S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS I HAVE A 2000 S-10 AND I'M TRYING TO CHANGE MY POWER STEERING PUMP. I HAVE IT ALL APART BUT CAN'T GET THE PUMP AND A/C BRACKET PEICE OUT PAST THE FAN. SO MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I TAKE THE FAN OFF OR SHOULD I TAKE OUT THE STUD THATS IN MY WAY? THE STUD I'M TALKING ABOUT IS THE ONE THAT HAS A NUT ON THE END THAT GOES THROUGH THE A/C BRACKET.
I'M HOPING TO GET THIS DONE THIS MORNING SO ANY HELP QUICKLY IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How exactly do ya get the damn fan off, all i could figure out was detaching it from the clutch and move it just a little bit. so how would you get the fan clutch and fan off together?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i got the new pump on but it has a slight wining while truck is running. :bawl: what do i do to stop the wining?

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
There is probably air in your system. And you are probably low on fluid. Just top it off. If you didn't change out all of your fluid, you might as well do it now.

I know it is a little to late, but for further referance, I found that the easiest way to take of the fan with the clutch is as follows:

With the belt still on, the nut on the fan clutch is 1 1/2" Just take a wrench that size (if you can find one, I have one from Snap-On) and hit it with a rubber mallet a few times to break it loose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trruuck said:
I know it is a little to late, but for further referance, I found that the easiest way to take of the fan with the clutch is as follows:

With the belt still on, the nut on the fan clutch is 1 1/2" Just take a wrench that size (if you can find one, I have one from Snap-On) and hit it with a rubber mallet a few times to break it loose.
thanks, i'll keep that in mind for next time. i'm gonna drain the power steering fluid this weekend and put new fluid in, then i'll let you guys know if that helped or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts