S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal

my tranny went out on me

i was thinking of doing a 350 conversion because if i am going to spend more money on my truck im going to have to drive it till i die.
i have about 4k saved up, as well as tools, and possibly a shop i could do the work at. how much am i looking at spending?
how much time does it take?
what are some steps/tips anyone can give?

thanks guys

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
what kind of trans when out on you? i have a borg warner t-5 thats for sell

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cheapest and easiest way to do a motor/tranny swap is to buy a complete vehicle that has the combo you want. They way you know it runs, you have all the parts to make it run, you know what will need to be fixed if something "just ain't quite right", and you will have transportation till you get the shop/tools/time to do it. This is not a project for the faint of heart. It WILL be a pain in the arse, but it can be done by just about anybody.

Your best bet at this point would be to buy the Jags That Run conversion manual and read it cover to cover so that you understand what is going on and what is involved for certain. If there are any questions about it, I can get you the E-mail addy of a guy that can quote word for word outta that book. He also happens to run www.s10-4x4.ORG You might even go over there and ask a few questions for the guys. They do know their chit.:D :D

Once you do that hoomework, you can decide for yourself if this project is within your means.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dropindaS-mini said:
what kind of trans when out on you? i have a borg warner t-5 thats for sell
thats the one that went

how much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts