S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 or q 2.5 vin E 5 spd manual. Bout 40k on rebuild. This happiness suddenly. Driving check engine light came on, truck died suddenly. Fired right back up, but ideling around 2k-25k. Now speratically, while driving it will backfire through carb if I accelerate it bogs down . If I put the clutch in, it dies. Sometimes I can drop a gear and compression start it and keep driving like nothing happened. Other times I'll have to pull over wait a lil bit before it will start again.
I should also mention I can't get a diagnostic reading through aldl plug. And have replaced the ecm. Same prom though. If anyone has had this happen to or know the fix to this problem plz comment. It's killing me to drive it as it's chugging gas like a frat boy chuggs brew. With gas prices as they are I'm about to go broke as this is my only vehicle. Thank you in advance to thoes that read and reply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2 or q 2.5 vin E 5 spd manual. Bout 40k on rebuild. This happiness suddenly. Driving check engine light came on, truck died suddenly. Fired right back up, but ideling around 2k-25k. Now speratically, while driving it will backfire through carb if I accelerate it bogs down . If I put the clutch in, it dies. Sometimes I can drop a gear and compression start it and keep driving like nothing happened. Other times I'll have to pull over wait a lil bit before it will start again.
I should also mention I can't get a diagnostic reading through aldl plug. And have replaced the ecm. Same prom though. If anyone has had this happen to or know the fix to this problem plz comment. It's killing me to drive it as it's chugging gas like a frat boy chuggs brew. With gas prices as they are I'm about to go broke as this is my only vehicle. Thank you in advance to thoes that read and reply.
This sounds exactly like what my 99 2.2L is doing... Do you notice anything else with the gauge cluster or just the check engine light? my whole gauge cluster freaks out and the truck dies. Sometimes it will start back up and other times I have to stop and wait... I will stop and listen to the fuel pump and here it doesn't kick on BUT a fuel pump wont cause the gauge issue. Meaning that for some reason it is loosing ignition power...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your motor is getting way too much gas, find someone to tune the computer or change the jet in the carb and for good measure change the plugs
Throttle body. No carb
your motor is getting way too much gas, find someone to tune the computer or change the jet in the carb and for good measure change the plugs
Throttle body. No carb.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bad gas with water maybe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts