S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok theres antifreeze on the passenger side of my truck...inside my truck and the back of the motor is soak with antifreeze. does anyone know what happened?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:stupid: I just bypassed mine till I have the time

·
Registered
568 Posts
don't listen to them it's easy. It's time consuming, but easy. it's been a few years sence I've done one so if I miss anything it's someone elses fault.. you'll have to pull your glove box pocket out and any shrouds you have under the dask on the passengers compartment. Go get a long flexy exstention for your 1/4 rachet and just remove all the bolts, pull the case off, them remove the 4 bolts on the retaining straps(if you have them). Pull the hoses off under the hood and if you did every thinck right the heater core just falls out into the floorboard.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
RandomGnarKill said:
mines leaking too. I'm losing alot of antifreeze, how did you bypass it and how hard exactly is it to change.
under the hood at the firewall you will see were the two hoses go in to the heater core take them off and run one hose straight across to where the other hose was attached to the engine

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
There's a hidden stud on the engine compartment of the firewall though, you have to take the fender off to get at it. You have to do that unless can you take the heater core out without taking the whole box out. Either that or just yank on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
maybe I will bypass it for now to see if its my heater core for sure. I dont have any liquid leaking inside the truck but I can smell it on the outside. I dont see any leaks around the engine either.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
bypass will be ok just you cant get heat at all till its replaced

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
Most people down here in the South don't even fix it...it doesn't get that cold to often (I don't know where you live).

·
Registered
568 Posts
I fixed a few last year, but nothing like the year before when it actually snowed on the beach.
it's the AC we worry about.

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
dropped94 said:
under the hood at the firewall you will see were the two hoses go in to the heater core take them off and run one hose straight across to where the other hose was attached to the engine
arent they different sizes?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
not sure is there is or not

·
lazy and broke
597 Posts
be sure to disable your airbags when you start messin around in the dash!

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
bvr775 said:
I fixed a few last year, but nothing like the year before when it actually snowed on the beach.
it's the AC we worry about.
That year doesn't count.:rotf: However; AC around here is a must. Infact, I'd rather have a slow car with a nice AC system then a fast car with a somewhat good AC system.

·
DRAG IT BITCHES!
108 Posts
Dr. Nate said:
Most people down here in the South don't even fix it...it doesn't get that cold to often (I don't know where you live).
yup thats what i did on my 70 FSC bitch was leakin. i was lazy so i bypassed it teh motor in that bisch keeps it warm enough if you have a jacket on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts