S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 4.3 auto long bed, 700r4 trans right? 350 swap, fuel inj. Trans doesn't have to be moved/shorten drive shaft? All I would need is motor mounts? Everything plugs in. What would be the best engine to get for this swap? Will that trans hold up? Stock rad works and just put two elec fans in front of rad? Just making sure. Maybe a Camero engine?

·
Registered
61 Posts
people say to use the 2.8 mounts, they are supposed to be better to swap into. The tranny might hold up to a 305, but the stout 350, or anything bigger will destroy the tranny in a hurry. Just get the same tranny upgraded, ro get one from TCI or Art Carr. If you use electric fans, then make sure that they move enough CFM, since my 2 10" fans from Advance Auto sucked a$$. I had to get a 15" and a 10". I think that a motor from a TBI car would be the best. You also need new things, like more knock sensors and the intake. distributor from the V8.

·
Registered
87 Posts
think? how much hp you wll run ?full size trucks use same trans asyours 92 ,i dont think you wll have problem run stock 350

1 - 5 of 5 Posts