S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
psst psst member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently bought a 97 s10 that has been sitting for a long time 5 years or so, it has 80k on it and a new motor was put in by the dealer at 53k by the dealer. I got it home drained the old gas and put fresh 91 in it. I got it started and ran like **** missing and Boggs when you rev it up. It had a po 103 (misfire in cyl 3) and po108 (map sensor high pressure) I did cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, pcv and new map sensor. Still got the same po303 and po108 code and ran the same. I was then recommended to do the spider which I did. Put it back together and it still runs the same but now I only have a po300 (random misfire) any help??? I really don’t wanna just keep throwing parts on it, so I might just have to take it to a mechanic if I can’t get it fixed.

Picture of the truck below
4E701E38-177F-4D99-BA4A-70891F92B048.jpeg

·
Been there Done it
7,066 Posts
Start by looking over the wiring. Since it sat a while critters may have chewed something or the PO may have cobbled it for some reason. From the looks of the truck you'd thing not, but you never know. Particularly if the guy you got it from wasn't the one who originally modded the truck.
P0303 always draws my attention to the EGR since it sits above that port. Check that it's not sticking open.
Also look for any vacuum leaks. A vacuum gauge can tell you a lot about your engine. You should see 17-21 inches of vacuum and be steady.
HF has them for $12.50 with coupon code 15280564.

·
psst psst member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the vacuum line off the brake booster be a good spot for the tester?

Start by looking over the wiring. Since it sat a while critters may have chewed something or the PO may have cobbled it for some reason. From the looks of the truck you'd thing not, but you never know. Particularly if the guy you got it from wasn't the one who originally modded the truck.
P0303 always draws my attention to the EGR since it sits above that port. Check that it's not sticking open.
Also look for any vacuum leaks. A vacuum gauge can tell you a lot about your engine. You should see 17-21 inches of vacuum and be steady.
HF has them for $12.50 with coupon code 15280564.

View attachment 335745

·
Administrator
21,756 Posts
That might be a bit big. You can disconnect the line at the vacuum ball attached to the hood and use that....or, disconnect the one at the source on the manifold.

BTW..that grill insert is way out of date....send it to me for proper disposal..

·
psst psst member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright I’ll use the ball vacuum line then. And funny is I can’t decide if I want to go with the 98+ or keep the 97 blazer composite front end

That might be a bit big. You can disconnect the line at the vacuum ball attached to the hood and use that....or, disconnect the one at the source on the manifold.

BTW..that grill insert is way out of date....send it to me for proper disposal..

·
psst psst member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine has the 98 upper with a 95 lower so there is a gap I’m going to but a billet insert in

I kept the 95-97 Blazer grill with a 98+ bumper valance.

·
Been there Done it
7,066 Posts
Keep the earlier look. Not very many still around that haven't been swapped. I might swap my 99 the other way. Someday.

·
Administrator
21,756 Posts
I haven't done a side by side comparison with the wifes 02 Blazer2, But I think mine put out better light...both using SilverStars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts