S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions that come with them are crap, really confusing. I think i figured most of it out, but it says that i have to connect a wire going from the switch to a wire from my high beams. Why????? I just wanna be able to turn them on and off when i want to, not have my high beams on to use them. Is there something else i can do? Like do i even need to have the wire that goes from the switch to the high beams? And if anyone has these driving lights can you tell me how you hooked them up? I will greatly appreciate the help!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would guess that they don't want the driving lights on unless there are no oncoming drivers. Perhaps they would be illegal to use onroad as anything but brights?

Try installing them like it says and see what they do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so...are driving lights not the lights i should be using? i was gonna point these at the ground pretty much, just light everything up. couldnt i just run it to my lowbeams, or my parking lights instead....or is that illegal?...i mean, i'll be turing them off everytime i pass another car anyways....

·
Registered
385 Posts
so...are driving lights not the lights i should be using? i was gonna point these at the ground pretty much, just light everything up. couldnt i just run it to my lowbeams, or my parking lights instead....or is that illegal?...i mean, i'll be turing them off everytime i pass another car anyways....

I was just guessing. I guess when you call them hella lights, I'm picturing some kind of spotlight from hell.

Just hook them up how you said and make sure they don't blind other drivers.

Also, make sure you use a switch that can handle the current or a relay or something. And use a fuse!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got them in and they look great!!!

Just wondering....should i point them at the edges of the road, or make a point in the middle? thank u for the help!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think that's based on preference. I would aim them wider than my normal lights, as I figure the driving lights are for lighting up the area closer to the car.

That said, aim them low and to the right to avoid blinding anyone. Test it by going out on the street and looking at them when they're on.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
from skinny to wide spread of light
offroad<driving<fogs
so tehnically fogsmightve been better if ur pointinh them straight down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts