S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,,, I got the Hurst shifter for my 5 speed awhile ago, it seems like it has been loosening up when the truck is in gear (i can move the shifter forward and back, it doesn't effect the gears at all though and shifts like a miracle... BUT the problem is, earlier today, the truck started making a clicking sound that sounds like it comes from the transmission--- You can hear it from about 40mph and up, the more power you put into it the louder the clicking... Is this because of loose bolts, or is it something that is a bigger problem, like transmission abuse (*which I admit) and results in a replacement tranny........

Another thing, if I do have to replace some or all of the tranny, what should I replace it with?? as long as they are fixing some problems they could be modding it, that's my standpoint anyway. I need something that'll hold a twin turbo once I get mine installed ($5000, still a little ways off) and I still want the 5 speed--- 6 would be cool though... what options do I have???

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never mind, figured it out.. (thank you jeeves)

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer my own question (where where you on this everyone?????? :D :D)

Tighten the shifter, tighten the headers, and it'll work fine...

There! For further reference.... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts