Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what type of rear end setup is best with a
a lot of lift? A four link or what type of setup is best? Thanks

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Man... i know this is your first post and all, but take a look around the bag forum, and read a lil bit, and join the community, and have some fun, learn before you do. works wonders.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I guess I prolly should help ya out too...

there is no best setup. Its all with you want to do with the truck. Lift is overrated, its merely an advantage in a setup that is normally built to give a better ride quality then an over the axle setup using double convoluted bags, for example. F9000 bags work great too, and give the same ride quality as a levered setup, as well givin a decent amount of lift, 8" or so i think.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
go through the Fast Baggin 101 thread.

It is a good start. I know it helped me alot.

(slammeddime just has waaaaay too much time on his hands...)

lol

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
a lil ;) :thumbup:

Even if you don't have 'a lot of lift', and a standard over the axle setup, you will still have a max of 6" of lift, which should be plenty to NOT drag all over town.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
if your not too concerened with laying frame, get something like the airlift 3link. totally bolt on comes with bags , link bars, lines and fittings.

Thats what I have on mine now (its being changed as we speek)
but it was great for me and it lifted the back of the truck to about 2 inches ABOVE stock height. it didnt lay frame but it was only 1.5" or so from laying with my 17's.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
do you have any knowledge of vehicles at all? I can drive an inch off the ground and not scrape, they're called SHOCKS. And I seriously doubt that the roads where u live at are so bad that you need 6" of travel to keep you from "scraping ass all over town" WHY else would you want bags if you don't want to get low anyways. If you are so concerned about getting lift, put one of those cool-ass-two-links on your truck. Not trying to be a dick but it's like some people don't even think before they ask questions.
later

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
put it this way a stock s-10 frame is about 10" from the ground. with air ride in the front you will get about 6 to 9" of lift depends who does it. and in the back from 6"to four feet depends on who does it also, but all in all if its done right , im going to say that again, if its done right then you won't have a problem. I know this wasnt his main ? people, but still it will help him chose what he wants to do, air ride or not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ok these trucks will be laying rocker not frame first off. want enough lift to untuck massive rims. just need to know about what kinda 4 link to do that would alow us for maximum lift thats it thats all if we want max lift tahts up to us our trucks not yours so if you guys could so kindly give us teh information tha twoudl be great

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DRPZONE said:
ok these trucks will be laying rocker not frame first off. want enough lift to untuck massive rims. just need to know about what kinda 4 link to do that would alow us for maximum lift thats it thats all if we want max lift tahts up to us our trucks not yours so if you guys could so kindly give us teh information tha twoudl be great
11 post and only 1 accually replied remotely close to the same subject. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
maybe you should 1 link it and duct tape about 3 bags together just run a solid peice of 18 guge all the way acrose with a couple joints on it well maybe you should double the 18 guage so then its like mmm 36 guage yea do that you should get mad lift then yo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wannabelow said:
maybe you should 1 link it and duct tape about 3 bags together just run a solid peice of 18 guge all the way acrose with a couple joints on it well maybe you should double the 18 guage so then its like mmm 36 guage yea do that you should get mad lift then yo
Thanks for the idea maybe i'll do that

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK i'm going to repost this. I have the bottom links setup already and the bags mounted on the lower link I got the lift out of it now i just need to know if i should run the top to bars triangulated or how?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts