S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
92 bagged blue dime
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I bought this truck a month ago it's a 95 with 65,000 on new engine and auto trans. It has always sounded like it has an ignition problem. I thought I needed to time it but you can't time a 2.2l. It has gotten worse it now backfires after you let off the gas and has stalled out on me a few times when starting it. Sometimes it will buck really bad like it's running on 3 cylinders. The plugs and wires look new I changed the plugs anyway. Wires have very little resistance. The coil is good swapped with my wifes 01 cavy that runs great. I've changed the TPS sensor, fuel filter, air filter also looks new. Someone please help me out here.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
ok but did you actually check the plug wires? my plug wires looked new but I found out that the number 3 cylindar plug wire was bad, replaced them all for like 23 dollars and it runs good now also check your fuel filter by chance

·
92 bagged blue dime
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah sometimes if I stomp on the gas at speed, it will run really shitty and the battery light will flicker I thought that was weird and forgot to mention it. So please give me some suggestions I really want to fix this this weekend.

·
92 bagged blue dime
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad wires should have high resistance on a multimeter. "I've changed the TPS sensor, fuel filter, air filter also looks new."

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
Check for worn and bare wires around the crank and cam sensors. May want to try replacing them as well. They're fairly cheap.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
lights start flickering huh... doesnt sound right pherhaps you got a big electronics malfunction, did you do anything with the wiring like putting on lights or cd players and stuff fog lights anything that could have clipped a wire that shouldnt have been?

·
92 bagged blue dime
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't, wiring looks fine but who knows what they did when they replaced the engine. Headlights don't flicker but battery light on dash does.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
its shorting somewhere... dont really know what to tell ya except take the lube and head to a dealership maybe

·
92 bagged blue dime
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my truck quit running all together yesterday. I'm positive that the stalling out was caused by a bad fuel pump. Once I got it back home I let it run till it eventually stalled and died. Tried to start it again and it only fired for a second before stalling and dieing. Then I disconnected a fuel line to see if I had pressure and it just dribbled. I changed the spark plug wires monday it was raining and in the dark I could see sparks jumping off my wires down at the bottom. I haven't seen the battery light since then so I hope that was my problem with that. I let you guys know once I get it running again if I have anymore problems. Siphoning a full tank takes forever (start time 11:00pm still going at 3:50am!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts