S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally got my belltech 2/3 drop kit (spindles/blocks) for my blazer x. at some time over the last few weeks, i read a post from N20NOMA talking about cutting the bump stops.

the rear bump stop is an orange, ribbed, cone-shaped piece of rubber, correct? N20NOMA made it a point to mention cutting that bump stop from the top. how in the hell does it come off? :dunce: i tried to twist it off, but it didn't budge! why can't it be trimmed from the bottom so you don't have to remove it?

along the same lines, i saw a picture on one post showing where to cut the front bump stops. i can't find it! can someone enlighten me!

pictures of both front and back stops and where to cut would be HIGHLY appreciated!

thanks guys!

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
on a truck, you cut out the entire bumpstop and bracket. i don't have experience with blazers but i believe that the bumpstop is secured and then the bracket is welded so there isn't a way to take the bumpstop out with removing the entire bracket. just take a cutting wheel on a grinder and cut the whole dam thing out. thats what guys with trucks do to stop from bottoming out. but like i said, i don't have experience with blazers. im probably not helping am i?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts