S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting 2 kicker cvr 12's, but only using one of em in my truck and id like to do a ported box, but not use as much room as my 15. i had a std cab. can anyone give me some dimensions for a ported box? i wanna keep the depth of box somewhat thin but i dont care if i use the how length of back of truck, which is 49 inches on my box now.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
reading>jed

·
Registered
45 Posts
it will pretty much be like your 15" as in depth. its subs are at least 6.5 inches depth. i was gonna go that route but i picked up 2 12" kicker cvt's

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
54 inches is the utmost MAX on the length of the box.

no way may. the box will need to be:
4+ cubes. in order to do that and be comfortable you need 2 things.

to cut the crap out from behind the seat, plastic piece, meatl bracing, etc....
and
be around 5'10" tall MAX!

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
it would have to be around

54" long
24" tall
10 wide bottom
5 wide top
that would give you 4.10 cubes total, so that would leave you enough room for subs, and 4 aero ports.

and at that you couldn't use aero ports since they are 7.25 inches wide at the mount point there wouldn't be anywhere to mount them.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
well then that is a whole other ball game let me figure some stuff up.

ok
48" long
24" tall
8" wide bottom
3" wide top
=2.42 cubes total
-..08 for the sub displacement
=2.34
-.20 for ports
=2.14 total for the sub. should be right at where you want it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well then i guess i should just do sealed again, oh well. im putting my 15 in proted box in my other truck (99 yukon), my 15 i got in there now box is 46'' width, 9 inch bottom depth, 3.5'' top depth, and 18 inches high, and im 6'2 and sit somewhat comfortable is drivers seat, but no room for passengers, they gotta be a max of 5'10 and somewhat thin lol

·
has 22's now
3,624 Posts
well then i guess i should just do sealed again, oh well. im putting my 15 in proted box in my other truck (99 yukon), my 15 i got in there now box is 46'' width, 9 inch bottom depth, 3.5'' top depth, and 18 inches high, and im 6'2 and sit somewhat comfortable is drivers seat, but no room for passengers, they gotta be a max of 5'10 and somewhat thin lol
bah just do ported :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont wnat the same size as i have now cuz its way too big, i wanan see if i can save a lil bit more room

1 - 20 of 27 Posts