S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 96 blazer, and it is running like a total bag. I have searched what could be the problem for almost a year. And everything that has been posted has not worked. It is doing what a lot of peoples trucks have been doing. It idles fine, and when I stomp the gas it runs fine. But when I accelerate slowly it misses, stumbles, hesitates.

I have replaced the wires, cap, rotor (all twice) throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor, all the o2 sensors, new spider injector, tested the fuel pressure, unhooked the cat, air charge temp sensor, newer mass air sensor, mat sensor, checked the distributor, pcv valve, and new egr.

I have no clue what else it could be. I need help trying to figure this out, this is my only vehicle. And i need to get this solved before the snow starts to fly (which will be very soon up here in canada.)

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Have you checked/replaced the throttle position sensor?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i should add its not throwing any codes either

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Sorry, missed that. What kind of spark plugs are you running?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ngk plugs and wires

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
I'd consider changing those out for ac delcos. Everyone else will recommend that I'm sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the first set were delcos, and that didnt solve the problem, so my parts store manager warrantied them and i got the ngks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know that you've checked the PCV valve but did you also check the PCV hose? They get clogged and sometimes collapse.

How about the condensor in the dist. cap?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the hose is good. but how do i check the condensor?

·
Registered
58 Posts
the hose is good. but how do i check the condensor?
I'm not 100% sure that your vehicle has one but if it does, it'll be inside the dist. cap.

This is from wikiAnswers

...using a dvom put your leads on the condenser on the 200 ohm scale and watch if the number rises. once you reach overload, switch the meter leads and it should climb back down. If this does not occur, you have a bad condenser.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bump...still running like ass

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya, its good

·
Registered
36 Posts
how about ur timming? and did u do a compresion test on it? i just finnished putting a fresh 4.3 in my truck and it ran like sh%t till i got the timing spot on and i mean spot on!!! it would stumble miss all that sh%t,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its the EDI engine, so changing the timing isn't much of an option

·
Registered
428 Posts
out of curiosity what were the fuel pressures?

key on engine off, key on engine on and then key off engine off / how long did it take to bleed down (if any bleed down)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
56psi with engine off key on
52 psi with engine on
and i didnt look at the pressure with it off. and not sure about the bleed down

·
Registered
428 Posts
for me 52 is on the low side of what you want - see what other guys think .... im thinking too low.

i think that it may be worth doing the pressure check again to get the bleed down (if any) how much pressure over what time.

also it may be worth checking the pressure while the engine is on and gunning throttle (and/or opening it slowly) to see how stable it is.

good luck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts