S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was tryn to lower my brothers 95 single cab sonoma with the zq8 wheels and when i took off the lugs in the front and i have i jacked up the damn wheels wont come off. i mean like 5 people tryed gettin them damn things off the front but they wont move.. So what could be the prob??

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
stand facing away from the tire pick your knee up to your chest then kick the very edge of the tire as hard as your can with the heal of your foot that will normaly 'pop' it free.

... be carfull not to miss haha

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
the hubs are probly stuck on the wheels... go to town with a hammer and a 2x4 on the back of the rim. be careful!.... good luck.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
yeah i was gonna say that, any time i get a wheel stuck i lay on the ground and kick one side of the wheel and normally it comes un stuck.

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
the hubs are probly stuck on the wheels... go to town with a hammer and a 2x4 on the back of the rim. be careful!.... good luck.
exactly what i had to do, my winter rims got torqued down way to much by whoever put them on when i got the rims n tires, and i had to pound the shit out of them to get them off

·
Registered
544 Posts
I work at a tire place and when the rim wont come off you have to hit it.. try hitting it with your palm on the top,bottom, and both sides of the tires and if that doesnt work take a sludge hammer and hit one side of the TIRE not the rim, and if that doesnt work do it from the back of the TIRE..

hope that helps?

·
bah humbug
401 Posts
I usually just give the tire a boot inwards towards the bottom causing the top of the rim to come out and the bottom to go in toward the vehicle then it comes right off.

Nigel

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dropkick that SOB, it'll come off then.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts