S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to talk to someone who has tha slightest clue on rim adaptors/or spacers?? See i dont even know what i would need
Ill be on instant messenger if you have it and wanna enlighten me!! Any post will help PLEASE !!!!Get back to me!! Later

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
if you need spacers then the rims is not for your truck!i had a problem like that and the salesman sold me the wrong rims.the rims i bought was american racing longboards series 599.the part number he sold me was 599-8863 which are for a 93-on camaro/firebird,they tried to put 1/4 inch spacers all around to bring out the wheels but it didn't work i soon as i left. i tried to make a u turn and my new rims was rubbing the frame of my truck.i called american racing and told them my problem and they informed me that the use of spacer's was unsafe.and by the way i charged the rim's and won the case against the salesman for selling me the wrong rims.spacers can cause the wheels to shred the bolt right off.ask your local mechanic about spacers or ask a rim manurfacture and they will tell you.i hope i helped you

·
Ground Force Truck Club
31 Posts
dont do the whole spacer thing...it's just less thread the lugs ave to grip onto, and a much greater risk of stripping one out and watching your rim go byebye on the highway :(

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Wha????????

What is wrong with using a spacer? If you are talking about putting a spacer on a hub or rear end and using the stock length wheel stud, then yeah, thats asking for trouble. Asking with a bullhorn. You would need to use a longer stud. Just like racing. Most rules require your stud to be though your lugnut. As far as other spacers, they bolt on where your rim would and then put the stud to bolt the wheel on in between those studs. I'm not flaming, just saying that that would be common sense, I would think.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.