S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im doing a custom turbo system in my s-10 i have a 95.. so what do i do as far as timing do i have to buy a msd dis-2 box and also as far as the fuel i bought a apexi safc2 and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator is that all ill need..:bump:

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
your TBI correct. i would do extra injectors for fuel managment, with a wideband, and for a cheap way you could use the MSD BTM. you can use an FMU and S-AFC they will work but i would do the extra injectors.

the TBI is a wet manifold anyways so it would be more suitable to handle fuel in the manifold then our dry manifolds that people are running fuel through.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have any tbi i have reagular injetors. i have a plx r-500 wideband controller. what is that msd btm your talking about?? thanks for the help>

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
BTM = boost timing master- allows you to set the amount of timing that is retarded per pound of boost...

im sorry about saying your TBI i was still in 4.3L mode.. yeah i would just get some bigger injectors really.

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
yea but the fuel sprays into the intake runners anyway...all your doing is adding more...and if you read about it you will see it gives you the desired affect you are looking for with spending 2gs on a stand-alone....i cant use HPTuners so this is what im leaning too

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thats an idie but what about this i just ordered a walbro 255 lph inline fuel pump. and a fuel cell, and i have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. and i have a apexi safc2 controller with a plx r-500 wideband controller. do you thin all this will work well??

·
Registered
476 Posts
does your 95 have a mass airflow sensor? the safc will only work on a vehicle with a mass airflow sensor. if you have a speed density system you will need a greddy emanage as that unit will work on mass airflow and speed density.

·
boosted 2.2L
2,324 Posts
BTM = boost timing master- allows you to set the amount of timing that is retarded per pound of boost...

im sorry about saying your TBI i was still in 4.3L mode.. yeah i would just get some bigger injectors really.
going to need a special btm for for a dis ignition

1 - 20 of 20 Posts