S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the cheapest way to solve my carb troubles on an '85 s15 Jimmy. It's ugly and I got it fer a real good price but the previous owner has the carb totally rigged. The thing runs like crap and gets totally lousy mileage(surprise surprise).

A replacement carb is $280 at the auto parts store. Is that as cheap as it gets?

I doubt a junkyard is gonna have any of these things laying around anymore. Not one worth buying anyhow.

Any suggestions???

Smasher

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
smasher said:
I am looking for the cheapest way to solve my carb troubles on an '85 s15 Jimmy. It's ugly and I got it fer a real good price but the previous owner has the carb totally rigged. The thing runs like crap and gets totally lousy mileage(surprise surprise).

A replacement carb is $280 at the auto parts store. Is that as cheap as it gets?

I doubt a junkyard is gonna have any of these things laying around anymore. Not one worth buying anyhow.

Any suggestions???

Smasher
wanna go efi? I still have my old 2.8 efi motor layin in the garage the harness is a little hacked up but you should be able to find them in almost any junkyard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tha_Boom -- If it was mine I would go EFI. Where you located in case I do look fer fuel injection stuff?

DouglasYoung -- Any idea what the total $$$ would be for that swap?

Thanks fellers

Smasher

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
smasher said:
Tha_Boom -- If it was mine I would go EFI. Where you located in case I do look fer fuel injection stuff?

DouglasYoung -- Any idea what the total $$$ would be for that swap?

Thanks fellers

Smasher
Pennsylvania

·
Registered
99 Posts
**** that sounds like a steal to me...i paid like 400 for a carb from o' reilleys. i wasnt lookin for anything performance, though. i had tried lookin in junkyards too and i couldnt ever find anything that was a direct swap. most were slightly different that what origionally was on my 85.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts