S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has 3 leafs total, one is a overload. today i took the middle one out to lower it some more. i already have a 4" block in it. after i took the leaf out it dropped the bumpstops on the axle, so i cut them off, now there is like 3/4 a inch between the metal part and the axle, but whenever i drive my truck i can hear the 2 hitting each other, its making a really annoying clanking noise! my question is how can i fix this?? i can put 3" blocks in my truck. my shocks in the back are really wore out, could new gas struts solve this?

any help is appreciated

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Did you just take out the rubber bumpstops? If so you need to cut off the metal bracket as well. That should give you clearance up to a 6 inch drop in rear. Also moved to trad suspension forum.

·
Squid Life
1,746 Posts
Get an angle grinder, cut off wheel, or sawzall and get rid of the metal also...all the way up to the frame. They should be welded along the front and back and along the outside edge. Grind the welds down and pry them off or cut along the frame with a sawzall. New shocks aren't going to help with only 3/4" clearance.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i did all that and then re mounted the bumpstop, only left about half an inch so if for some ungodly reason it does bottom out again, the metal wont slam together, it'll just smack that thin piece of rubber. just a sugg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im takin my 4" blocks out and putting 3" ones in....and im getting new struts for the back...which i really need anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
naw im just gonna put the 3" back in and worry about the back later. im getting front bag setup at the end of the month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts