S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a body lift for my 95 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4. I was hoping for 3" and I plan on running 31x10.5x15 Mud Terrains when I'm done. This morning when I went to price the kit, I was told that they only make the PA kit in a 2" ( Part # 102 ) for the 95-97. I knew about the 3" ( Part # 103 ) for the 94 and am wondering what the difference in the kit is. It should work, am I right? Has anyone used this 94 kit on a 95-97? If so what do I have to do, if anything to make this work?

Is it in my interest to get the 2" or should I try and get the 3"? I dont plan on going hard core mudding or anything or jumping my truck but I do like to go playing from time to time.

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

·
2UP1DOWN
694 Posts
I may be wrong but I thought Ive seen on the forumn several places that the second gens can only body lift 2 inches for several reasons. Someone Has a thread on here about one with a three inch but he bought it that way and didnt know what was involved(custom)

·
cool to the tool
680 Posts
im pretty sure you can get a 3" for early 2nd gen models. The later ones can only go 2" i think

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pretty sure thats what i have read too, that you can only get a 2" lift for 98 and newer.

But what would the diff. be in the 94 and 95? Nothing too drastic I wouldnt think.

I dont know what I should do anymore. Try and sort out the confusion and find out if the 94 kit will work on 95-97 or say fack it and just simply go with 2".

·
Registered
401 Posts
just get the 3" kit!!! i was fortunate enough to have a 94 but i think it will be the same...on my kit i only used blocks, bolts, gas extension, bumper lift...i didnt even need the steering extension because i placed it lower. there was alot of stuff left over after i put the kit on...even after i double checked directions...i do have a 2.2 so it might be different for 4.3l

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
look at the red baron or just pm him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts