S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys.i just ordered the front kit off jason, and i plan on mounting the vlaves under the hood. and the compressor under the bed and the tank in the bed. i need to know what fittings to get for this, and where do i get them?? also can u show me pics of the valves and how they are put together with the fitting and everything?? also im gettin three toggle switches. one for FR and one for FL and then one that controls both..can u give me a detalied wiring diagram.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Look in the phone book for a local big rig shop, or some place like that... they carry lots of fittings. As far as knowing what fittings to get... just draw out your setup on a piece of paper, and write down what size ports you have on everything, and what size line is running to whereever, then you know what kinda fittings you need. I don't do it for anyone, because I feel they need to learn about this stuff before they dive right in on the install, without knowin anything. To help you out a lil tho, fittings for 5/8" line come with 3/8" NPT or 1/2" NPT threads, either in Straight connectors, or Elbow connectors.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
As far as the wiring diagram... again, draw it out on a piece of paper... this is stuff, that if someone just gives it to you, you won't learn a damn thing about it, and when it comes time to fix it, or help someone else, you can't, because you don't know what is goin on. The switches come in 3 prongs, and 6 prongs, where each set of 3 prongs controls one bag, and 1 of the 3 prongs is a power wire.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is NPT on the fittings, and r the compression fittings at home depot good, and where should i get a water trap and where should i put the water trap one oof the valves on the tank or between the comp and tank????

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
NPT is the type of threading used on fittings. You can use the home depot compressions if you really want to, but I wouldn't recommend it, nor condone it. You can get a water trap from home depot if ya want, and just put it before the tank, after the compressor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where do i get the drain for the bottom of the tank??? home depot

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and where is the water trap at home depot?? what part of the store

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
:stupid: Think of it like shampoo in its bottle... when u open it up, upside down... what comes out first?? the air in the, now top of the bottle, or the shampoo at the exit??? same prinicple. (shitty comparison tho... lol)

·
14,970 Posts
lownineyfo said:
and where is the water trap at home depot?? what part of the store
the garden department.....:rolleyes: no no...wait...they are back in the lumber department...between the 2x4's and the sheetrock...

or just wander around till security asks you WTF you are doing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahah funny funny

·
Registered
432 Posts
isn't it bad to run the compressor below the tank? i heard it makes the compressor work harder. i dont' know if this is true so someone correct me if i'm wrong, i just remember reading that on this sight somewhere

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Bah.... whoever started that rumor months and years ago... SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

that is absolutly NOT TRUE when it comes to air compressors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts