S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.morrisonandlarossa.com/22performance.htm

My local performance shop uses these guys as their vendor for s-10 stuff. They want to charge me $280 for a header (ceramic coated) and to install it will be $190.

That seems high to me, what do you guys think. I have an 03 2.2l S-10

Also the E-fan they have is $240 dollars flex-a-lite that includes complete wiring kit, i was gonna do the install myself but it seems like it is a bitch to do from the forum postings.

Any advise on where else to go for affordable header for 2.2L S-10 or is this pretty much what I am going to have to go for?

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
Summit or Jegs for starters. That fan is so freaking easy to install! Also, that same fan can be had for a little less, but it is a really good fan.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Yeah an efan is pretty easy to install. If you sit down and go through it in your head before hand on how to wire the thing the process will go pretty quickly. I had everything done including switches and indicator lights done in an hour max. On the header I would say to get a kit that comes with the dp and everything and install it your self. $190 is a bit of money and for that you could afford to get a good header and maybe a new cat back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, thank you for the good advice.

I asked the guy if the efan and header come with everything. He said the efan comes with the complete wiring kit. So if I follow some how tos on this forum and get your guys help, it should be no problem?

Also, with the header, it comes with gaskets, downpipe, and everything I need. I never did one of these, is it hard?

And thank you again.

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
That fan that your wanting wires like this:

1 wire grounds it.
1 wire is for the AC (you can splice into the positive wire that is pluged into the compressor).
1 wire powers it and is fused and always hot
1 wire that is to be connected to a 12+ source that is on when the ignition is on

The probe just sticks in the radiator.

I got my constant 12 volt source from the supply to the fuse box. My 12 volt ignition source is from the same circuit as the fuel pump (there is an open slot in the fuse box), and my ground was the core support.

·
ol' bodybuilder
647 Posts
That looks like a Kamikaze and that's a GREAT price! My Kamikaze only came with the gasket for the header/downpipe connection - not the header/head or DP to cat gaskets.

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
I would bet its a pacesetter

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
http://kamikazeperformance.com/store/shop/index.html

its a kamikaze header, you can buy either site and happy with results cost are same, installation is fairly easy and not required alot of tools but half of your day if you are not experienced workin around cars.

both great mods and you will see results and will make you happy.........for while then you'll may want more ;)

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
Order it and I bet you have a pacesetter..........they wouldn't be able to undercut the distributer and they wouldn't.............its just a picture........

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
And that ignition coil is nothing more than and MSD with STS painted on the top

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
NateZQ8 said:
And that ignition coil is nothing more than and MSD with STS painted on the top
I agree on both this post and the one above it. I think the kamakzi (spelling) would be a better pick over the Pace Setter. I can't comment on the Al's as I have never seen numbers or actually seen it in person.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your knowledge guys, I am not very experienced with putting parts in my truck. The most technical I have gotten was putting new speakers in my truck and the Intake. Do you think I should spend the $190 and get it done at the performance shop or do you think I can handle it?

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
Philb said:
Thanks for your knowledge guys, I am not very experienced with putting parts in my truck. The most technical I have gotten was putting new speakers in my truck and the Intake. Do you think I should spend the $190 and get it done at the performance shop or do you think I can handle it?
It depends, if you want to learn (I suggest this) how to work on your own truck then you should try it yourself. I don't know where you live, but there is probably a local truck club (you could search here for local truck clubs) that has a few handy members. All you have to do is ask, most are willing to help if you truly want to learn.

They won't do it for you, but they willl be there to help you. Plus, you might want to get a few drinks and some lunch as an offering.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts