S-10 Forum banner

need advice sub & amp combo

908 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  HuTcH 
#1 ·
#3 ·
wasnt planning on it but have a blown sub(10in concept in an orion bandpass box w 1000w orion extreme that was included with truck) and cant find a replacement at the shop near me.So i decided to start looking for something new.The orion amp I'd probably use for right now.Just bought my truck and want a few things before shelling out 500 on an amp.

#5 · (Edited)
budget is no more than 200 a sub or a little more if i decide to go with just one sub.Its going in an extended cab so plenty of room.
Its a daily driver not for comp.Amps ill spend more on not over 500 preferably.Do you think the 1000w Orion Extreme would be able to bump that sub pretty good until i got the money up for a dif. amp.Ive heard alot of opinions on autobahn subs some good some bad mainly good for that model,but not really anything about there amps thats what im really needing an opinion on and which one ran to that sub would be better

#8 ·
personally, I stay away from anything Audiobahn. Just never really liked their equipment.

Hmm.....$200 a sub......
Theres the E12O from www.edesignaudio.com
IDQ from www.imagedynamics.com
Pioneer whatever the model is thats around this pricing

Theres a lot more, but those are on the top of my head right now. I wouldnt advise putting more than 600-700w to the IDQ, but you could put that much to the E12o or the Pioneer......

#9 ·
im with 2dxtreme, for a daily driver, those subs are not. maybe something mike MTX Thunder8000's, Alpine Type R's, Resonant Engineering SE's, Elemental Design's O series, something like that.

#10 ·
just to toss something out there i know there is a complete Kove setup for sale on SSF for 750 he may be willing to ship.. that is 2 12" subs and their high end amp cant remember which model it was for the subs... but its a steal for that setup..

#11 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.