S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need 4spd manual tranny or help on how to fix mine

i have an 86 s-10 2.5 bored 30 over.. my transmission went out last winter and i didnt feel like fixing it so i wnet out and bought a car. now a year later i want to fix it. i bought a new slave cylinder master cylinder and the peice the hooks directly to your petal... i forget the name. i refilled the slave cylinder and it still didnt work.... any comments on what is wrong... i dont believe the clutch was bad bc it ran just fine but i went out 3 days after we got a big snow and dug it out and i went to start it up and my foot dang near went throught my floor board bc it had no petal what-so-ever. once again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
is there a leak in the hyd lines anywhere? is the master cylinder full of the proper fluid? if all that checks out ok sounds like you need to bleed the system and if that doesnt fix it then it almost has to be the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no where ever there was a leak we replaced it and we bled the whole thing.. we replaced it too.. nothing seemed to work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts