S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i went down to 6" in the back, my wheel hop is terrible. when ever i dump the clutch now all i get is massive wheel hop, its so bad that it shakes my deck out of its place cuz its not secured. the things that were changed was the leafs which i thought was supposed to help, and i went from a 3" flat block, to a 3" tapered block. the only thing i can think of is that the blocks are not torquesd down enough, i think they are 60 ft/lbs, im not sure what they are supposed to be at though. is there any thing that can fix this besides traction bars, because those will get torn off in no time. or am i stuck with massive wheel hop, i hope not then i cant do anymore smokey burnouts which i like because the ol goodyears are almost done for.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
well--->

From what i understand about physics, the taller blocks will almost always cause wheel hop. It places the axle farther fromteh spring, which increase the leverage that the axle has on the spring making it easir for the axle to twist the spring, then when the spring unloads it reales that stored energy in the form of wheel hop which starts the process all over again.

Being that low I would sugest maybe a four-link kit with a panhard bar, then remove the leafs and put some coilovers in the place of the current shocks. This would also be a really easy way to install some of air ride technoolgys bag over rear setup. adjustable suspension and a lack of wheel hop.

Granted this is all with money available, should that not be a feasable option then jsut simply have the prings de-arched (good suspension shop should be able to do this) and ditch the blocks. That should cure up the proble quite nicely as well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it figured out

it was the transmission mount. because my truck didnt come with a nut in the mount so i had to put one there and the washer was destroyed, which was causing transmission hop which in was causing wheel hop. but its fixed now the tires bite hard with no wheel hop.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
COOL

Good to hear that you got it figured out!

A 4 link would still be cool though I think with a chrome coliover kinda like an old hot rod???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts