S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was backed into and didn't get money out of it. I'm trying to find a good price range to get this fixed at. Apparently the whole panel needs to be replaced and whatnot. Everyone/everywhere I go to is saying it'll be at least probably 1500$ to get it fixed...

What do you all think?

:dunno:

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i could save that ****er in less time and work than replacing it.....

now if you WANT to pay for OR you demand a new panel then fine.....

BUT if a bodyshop says it can't be repaired,then take your business elsewhere....

i can look up a quick number for replacing it....give me a few

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
outer 1/4---$500
rear pillar extension----$13

16.5 hrs labor x $50(of which does not include r&r glass or tail light

refinish(no blending) no jambs-both of which need done---4 hrs x$76

$513
$825
$304

$1642 + tax is your baseline estimate......you should be looking close to $2400 to tear down the door and gate and pull all glass etc. to have it done properly

·
Mud Master
740 Posts
From the pictures it looks like it would be a repair at my shop. Some shops are simply just parts replacers and don't have experienced body techs that could easily handle that repair.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
it does look more of a swipe than a 'backed into'

what to do?

find a quality bodyshop that will fix it and guarantee it!

or bring it to me.....:haha:

i'm stuck on indigo projects with more coming up why not add another down the road

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i'd ballpark it at $11-1200 to straighten and paint that 1/4.....alot of work,and you have to be good to do it...but that is more than fair

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow I did get backed into. The guys insurance sent an 800 dollar check to help with the dent fix and my parents used it on taxes.

The guy backed into me at an angle.

and I would bring it to you but I'm sure you're nowhere close to me.

·
32,797 Posts
Wow I did get backed into. The guys insurance sent an 800 dollar check to help with the dent fix and my parents used it on taxes.

The guy backed into me at an angle.

and I would bring it to you but I'm sure you're nowhere close to me.
You're parents fucked you, and themselves as well. If they weren't such greedy theives to steal your money so fast, you could have made the ins pay you the correct amount to have the truck fixed. then either your truck would hav ben fixd or your parents would have a greater amount of money to steal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep.. They didn't tell me they spent it until I asked about it 2 weeks after it was sent either. I guess technically it was their money since I haven't paid the truck off to them yet, but I think it's kind of ****ed up how I'M the one with the dent now when I could have got it fixed with no money out of my pocket. They gave me the whole "Well it's not like it's not drivable" thing...

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
and the beautiful thing is everywhere the paint cracked is going to rust and it's just gonna look worse and worse and you are gonna look so ghetto driving that around

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the thing is, I'm on my parents insurance as I'm only 17 years old so a claim from me to the same insurance I'm on won't really do shit. Plus... I do live in their house ha.

and I didn't argue more than 800 bucks because my parents were the ones dealing with the insurance companies. I didn't even know they were sending a check to pay for it until my parents told me they already used the money.

I just want to get it taken care of. I don't really care about all that stuff anymore. I'm just trying to find the most cost-efficient way to get it fixed the right way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts