S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've loved S10's since owning my 1st 82 2WD beater when I was 16...introduced her to a telephone pole @ about 45MPH...had to lay her to rest.

My baby after that was a 86 4WD SB...bought it bone-stock, 2.5L - base model. I bought some unkown model 4" suspension lift locally, threw that on, added a 3" body lift, bushwacker cutouts, & some 35" Uniroyals...& stuck a 2.8L in that I had layin...drove that truck for a few years & loved it...till a brand new cavalier decided to make a left turn in front of me while I was going 50MPH down the highway...& I mean right in front of me. Wasn't much left of the cavalier, & the frame on my baby was twisted. Actually spent the time fixing the whole thing...then lost interest & sold it b4 ever getting a new title 4 it.

I then snagged a cheap 86 2WD SB w/ a 350 SBC in it...that thing was fun to drive for a short while...then I missed 4WD...bigtime.

Soooo...I then stumbled upon an 87 4WD Blazer w/ a 350 SBC & a 5" TM suspension lift...thing had quite a bit of potential. Sooo, I started off w/ adding 3" of body lift & throwing a set of 32" swampers I had on it. Looked alright, but the next step was some bushwackers & 35's....that is, till the only day my wife did/would ever drive that truck came. She took it to work 1 morning & on her way the water pump belt flew off...lucky me! She never saw the pegged water temp gauge & there went a good 350 SBC, hehe. I left it sit over a year since that happened & the thing started to get rusty, so, of course, I gave up on it. & that was after I replaced the 350 w/ a 305...only thing I hadn't done was throw an intake back on it & hook up the exhaust/cooling/etc.

Now I have that thing sittin, a 93 4WD Ext. Cab...& a 92 4WD 4-door Blazer. Trying to decide which to do up...leanin twd's the 4-door Blazer.

So, that's where I been, & that's where I'm at...as far as S10's are concerned. Hope I can contribute to the community, as well as learn a little myself. Nice meetin ya'll :)

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks like you have had plenty of expeirences with s-10s. Welcome to the forum!!!

L8R
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts