S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to run my N2O, 3 seperate time now and each time I have had problems almost right away and had to change the fuel injector setup. I have a 2001 vortec and after each time I ran the N2O I have what seems to be the poppets sticking randamly while I drive but most of the time while under load and it stalls some times when I sit at a stop light.

Has any one run into this or am I just cursed.

Ozzy

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wet............. that is one reason why I cant figure out why the injectors would be effected.

ozzy

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
hmmmmmm- how big of a shot>? i really dunno man that is very odd- are you running high octane fuel colder plugs and......... no those wont help- i dunno man i know alot but nitrous and installing and getting it to work but when it comes to why it fuked up your injectors i got no clue

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have cold plugs, andI am running 93 octane. And my fuel pressure is fine.

I run the N2O and it isnt until after that the injectors start acting up. Could it be something with the computer and it reads something and maybe after disconnecting the battery it would clear it or something?

Ozzy

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Dont know much about injectors, but man, your truck is f'kin sweet!

·
BADDEST TRUCK IN DFW
2,089 Posts
It's deffinatly not the nitrous itself... Where is the plate/nozzle? whats your nitrous fuel psi? where you getting the fuel at for the fuel side? I can ask 100 questions if your ready... It's not the nitrous there is something else wrong...

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THe nozzle is right on the back side of the top plastic intake piece, the fuel pressure is still running at stock pressure, the fuel for the solenoid is coming from the shradder valve.

I disconnected all the plugs and the battery and reset the computer and it has run fine ever since only had it bog one time really quickly.

Ozzy

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
10.5_SUCKS said:
verry odd, how's it wired? power? negative? activation?
Yeah pictures of the install will be most helpful here.

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a widow switch, and wide open throttle activation. Purge and bottle heater and it is all run through relays, so the wiring should all be good to go.

Here is the best pic I have the purge goes through the wiper cowl and you can see the solenoids behind the intake it is injected right below the into the black plastic of the filter component. All the relays are mouted under the dash and I also run a digital 6 timing is all set up for the N2O also. I have tested the wiring and it is all good. And my pills are as they should be for the 100 shot.

Ozzy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts