S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
stock again
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok people, i got a tough one here. ive been trying to get my 2.8 started for about a week now, and cant figure out what the problem could be.

it was running a couple weeks ago, i parked it, and when i went to move it, it wont start. i checked power to the coil, its ok, checked spark, thats ok. i replaced the cap and rotor just to be safe. i pulled the plugs and cleaned them, just to make sure they werent fouled.

i have tried to prime it with both fuel, and with ether/starting fluid. i get nothing either way. turns over fine, just wont fire at all.

any ideas? i seriously am getting frustrated here, if anyone can think of what im missing it would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just off the top -- I'd look for a jumped timing chain.

Pull a plug and do a quickie compression check also.

·
stock again
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked all the fuses, havent checked the timing chain yet, as it was running fine and wasnt disturbed, but it is starting to look like the only poss

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Was the distributor hold-down tight? Check for looseness of it and try to re-seat the distributor at TDC. What work have you done to it so far? Also, what year is it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
test your ignition module. Also... could be in the carb (or are you FI?). I had a stuck float in my carb that just allowed too much gas in and wouldn't fire. are your plugs wet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts