S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While tinkering on the truck I found this vacuum line just hanging loose. I can not see where it should connect so I stuck a screw in it to stop the vacuum leak. Can someone trace it back in their truck? This is a 2001 s10 auto. Many thanks!

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,035 Posts
i have a 2001 s10 4.3 also...heres what mine looks like...

wait a second, scratch that, my pic isnt useful, ill follow that line to see where it goes exactly...my bad.

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,035 Posts

here ya go, it goes straight to the firewall...maybe theres something there that it hooks onto, but i didnt feel like taking mine apart...sorry..i'm sure it'll help though!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
its for your blending doors in your hvac system, its almost impossible to get it reattached its for a small tank in the fender. you can just cap it off and it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
really? you lucked out, on my 2000 ZR2 its inside the fender and i couldnt reach it or see it.

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,035 Posts
its for your blending doors in your hvac system, its almost impossible to get it reattached its for a small tank in the fender. you can just cap it off and it will be fine.
if i plug the one on mine since my system blows hot air out, will it stop that? lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
You sure that's for te HVAC? i thought that was a charcoal filter in the fender... not that i'm sure either but i was replacing the dried out lines a couple months ago and thought my haynes said it was for emissions... i could go look but i'm lazy..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well when i got my zr2 it didnt switch at all from the vents and when i capped that off it started working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hmm, sounds like i may have to take a look at mine. when driving with the HVAC off on the highway my vents blow hot air... i think it is a chevy thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have fiberglass fenders so it's pretty easy to get to stuff in there. Will report back tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it looks like I , or someone, removed whatever this vacuum line went to. I'm just going to go ahead and leave it capped. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Wire Splicin Fool :-)
8,692 Posts
The check valve gives it away as the line for the Vac cannister, you may notice when going uphill your vents change without the cannister (or when there is a load/ low vac on the engine.)

I built a vac canister out of a piece of PVC pipe and 2 endcaps for my old cavalier one time.

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
Yes, there IS a vacuum canister inside the fender and you should plug it in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have fiber glass fenders so the inner fender well has been trimmed back. I did this a while ago and I don't remember exactly what I had to remove but there are 2-3 holes here and there where something like the vac canister could have been mounted. I have no prob with my vents changing when I drive up hill. Now, if this were to cause problems like a rough idle or hesitation at part throttle then yes, I will look into it and fix whatever the issue is.

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
To solve the hot air problem, open glove box and tilt it to the floor, now look behind it and you will see a gray HVAC hose. disconnect it and plug the hose, problem solved. This is for 98+.
The vac line goes to the canister located inside the drivers fender. I was able to access it when I changed the vac lines on a 98 s10.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts