S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's not much, but I picked up my X from the body shop earlier this week (my girlfriend got rearended) and instead of having them throw a bumper back on it I had them put a GM rollpan on. It looks killer. It's really a lot better looking than I thought it would be, and it's hard to believe that it retails for only 35 bucks.

If you count the "CHEVROLET" badge I peeled off the tailgate I've got 2 mods now! LOL! Tonight I'm throwing my clear 3rd brakelight on, and Sunday I'm changing the oil for the first time to Mobil 1 and installing my polished grille emblem. It feels good to finally be driving a truck that isn't stock. :evilg:

-Chris

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Yeah that $35 rollpan is killer, some bitch ran into my truck at Kmart about a month and a half after I bought it.....

So right before it went into the bodyshop like 4 things happened at once

2 days before, I got the Fast Flames insert, 1 day before I got my rear window tinted and my tailight covers

In the shop I got a little ding taken out, the big ding beneath my rear right tailight that the Kmart woman put in it, had all the emblems taken off including the big CHEVROLET decal on the tailgate (thank God!!) and the rollpan installed, and my tailight covers painted......

I rolled up with my dad in the minivan and he kinda looked at it and said, "is that your truck" I said yeah, looks a little different doesn't it??

Looked fawkin sweet when I saw it, still does.....

Caleb

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
So how much more work is involved to fix your truck when you get rearended with the roll pan? Main reason I'm not putting a roll pan on mine is the fact that I drive in Los Angeles. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The back isn't too bad. Nobody but an enthusiast would notice that it's a bit higher than stock.

You can count up one more "mod". I changed the oil to Mobil 1. ;)

-Chris :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts