S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they put the envoy bumper on my truck, they had to compensate for the blinkers that were in my bumper, so they threw some taurus/sable grille lights in between my fogs, near my license plate. If you look at the pic you will see what I mean.They blink when my other blinker goes on,like normal. What does everyone think of this?I think they look gay, but some people say its "different".Anyone have any suggestions what to do or not to do?I wanna get rid of them but the body shop said if I get rid of them then the other blinkers(In my headlight) wont work....anyone with some help?Picture is below

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, but I do agree it would look better without it... Maybe if you use an electronic flasher, you could take off the other lights.

The other thing that I think might look cool would be to take the lights and hide behind the bumper, but face them towards the back so all you see is a light blinking inside the hole... sounds cool, but might look retarded... never know until you try it though. It might look better if you had some insert in there to reflect off of... otherwise maybe a light or LED bar mounted along the back so it isn't visible except when it is on. Or if you really want to be hidden, you could get some yellow or white LED license plate screws (might not be the brightest light but look cool).

If you do go with any type of LED's, you will probably need to buy an electronic flasher.

DogP

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin bout maybe pushin them back into my bottom vallance a lil more...they are on my old tow hooks, and i may be able to push them back so they dont look like fog lights that much

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
how about some custom led's in the gap between your grill and bumper (under the headlights)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't like the idea of sidemarkers, I think they look good on some cars, but not a truck... plus you would have to drill the fender to put them in, and even then, they might not work because you need to have a certain load on the flasher. If I was you, I would go get an electronic flasher and cut the wire.

DogP

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Stock, you have thermal flashers which are based on load... that is why if you have a light out, it blinks fast. If you get an electronic flasher, it will flash on a time interval. It would still go if you had no lights hooked to it. I'm assuming that is what they were talking about when they said that you need lights to replace the old ones. I just put an electronic flasher in mine tonight because I'm going to LED's and they have a lot less load than regular bulbs.

In my 94 S-10, there are two flashers, the turn signal one is behind the clutch and the emergency flasher is under the stereo behind the panels. Mine were two prong flashers, kind of an L shape... If you go to autozone, they have them for $8.

DogP

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
how about mounting something behind the grill, I think that would look kinda badass, out, where the chrome strips in the envoy bumper normally are, make those custom LED's...

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got rid of them

I took off the blinker thingys, only prob is that in order for my reg. blinkers to light up when i turn my lights on,I have to keep a bulb in them. I wiretied them up under my truck but at night u can still see flashing from underneath...heres a pic without them

·
Resident Know-it-all
242 Posts
Hi Blazin95GMC:

Could you not substitute resistors for the unused bulbs? Just take an ohmeter and measure the resistance of one of the bulbs. Substitute a resistor of equal resistance into the wiring harness. Of course, you'll need to get one that can handle the current, but you probably already knew that.

Regards,
John.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts