S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putting a DJM 3/4 drop on my truck this weekend. Tell me what you guys think. I didn't get a chance to wash or wax her before I shot the pictures as I was in a hurry to get them taken.

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Here's what I think... :D

Attachments

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I'm going to be putting these rims on my truck probably next spring. I've already got two that I got a great deal on, just have to get two more. They 17x8 rims off the 98 Mustang Cobras.

Attachments

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Wed Turner said:
Actually I'm going to be putting these rims on my truck probably next spring. I've already got two that I got a great deal on, just have to get two more. They 17x8 rims off the 98 Mustang Cobras.
ahhhh, i see... something like this?... :D

Attachments

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dancinxtreme said:
rear needs to come down 1 more inch... other then that niceeee
Thanks! It's kinda funny that you should say that though for two reasons. 1) The rear is almost exactally 1 inch higher than the front and 2) I was actually thinking the rear might have to come up about an inch or less. I'm having some problems with the exhaust I had installed rubbing on the drive shaft over bumps and if I could just raise it up 1/2" or so I think I wouldn't have any more troubles. Of course instead I'm just going to go to the exhuast shop for the second time this week and tell them to fix it again. I think I'll leave it as is atleast until I get the cobras on there.

D

·
0 Posts
cool just have them exit the exhaust out behind the front tire heh then you wouldn t have that prob :idea: :D .hehe

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's actually a couple of problems with that solution though. First off having the exhaust exit infront of your wheel will advance the aging of your rims if your not careful. I've known several people that did that and than had pitting in the clear coat of their rims just on that rim. Second the muffler on my truck is to far back to bend a pipe to come out before the rear wheel and if the move the muffler forward it would sit right under the cab and make the interior noise even worse. It's a good thought and trust me it crossed my mind. But after considering the options I decided not to. I'm just going to go there and have them rotate the muffler like 3 or 5 more degrees and everything should be fine. It's actually the muffler that's in the way and not the pipes.

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Why did ford lack installing an interior? :rolleyes:

I also didnt see an engine under the hood? :D J/K man. It will look sweet with the cobra rims, just get a monster motor and your ready to go!

John

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought mine used off a guy I know and paid $300 for it including all the shocks. If you were to buy the kit including shocks to do a 3/4 drop on a 89-97 I-beam Ranger is going to run about $450-500 bucks depending on what kit you go with and what shocks you go with. Mine is the DJM 3/4 kit with belltech shocks on all 4 corners.

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's possible. The back is just a flip bracket and is only like $30. All it does is place the axle on top of the leaf pack instead of on the bottom of the pack like it is stock. And you can always just have your coils cut. But getting a truck aligned with cut coils is a pain.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts