S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my truck on a G-Tech yesterday to measure the horsepower & it said max of 135rwhp. That seems like a lot of drivetrain loss to me. My motor is a '93 vin-W CPI with a few mods; headers, full 2 1/2" exhaust, 3" custom intake w/ 9" K&N cone filter, 180 t-stat, b&m shiftplus, corvette servo, & bumped timing. It has 3.08 gears, peg leg traction, & weighs in around 3800#. The truck has been taken real good care of maintenance wise, but it does have 200,000 miles on it. Maybe its time for a trans rebuild. Does this figure seem right to everyone else?

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
G-Tech is very very picky... I got 213hp and 140hp from my truck, both in the same portion of road, just the truck weight was different (3300lbs for 213, 2800lbs for 140) which brings up an interesting point, where do i look to check the weight of the truck?? ....... anyway, make sure the weight is right, make sure you're on a very flat stretch of road, and believe it or not, i got my highest reading while accelerating from 50-60...

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
A second gen makes about 140rwhp in a 2wd. And a fully modded
one will prob be around 200-210. As far as a first gen i don't think that you can get much more than about 180rwhp with all the bolt on mods. since you have less to start with. IMHO
And you can throw all those G-Techs out the window.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My computer must have finally got itself calibrated right or something. My truck went into the 15s for the first time today. Two runs;
first - 15.8 @ 88mph w/ 0-60 in 7.4
second - 15.9 @ 87mph w/ 0-60 in 7.7

I ran the horsepower calculator on the g-tech briefly in first gear only before I got home & it said 160 max. I'll take it back out tonight on a long road & run it all the way up to see what is says. I'm sure my truck weighs at least 3800lbs. We have truck scales at work. It might weigh a little more with a full tank of gas & me inside.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Good thought on the weigh stations, I'll have to check that out.. (this being ALASKA there are hardly any around the state, there is one about 15 miles from me, across town on highway 1... I'm sick of my G-tech though, it's fun, but there's no reliable numbers... *sigh* I wish I would've put that $140 into the twin turbo/blueprinting I want to do (even though $140 only accounts for about 8% of the total cost)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts