S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 quick question how bad are my tires goin to wear??? Like are they goin to wear out REALLY REALLY fast or should they be pretty good?? I mean it is my daily driver int he summer!!!!! And tires are so damn expensive!!!!!!!!!
 

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
if you get your truck aligned at ride height............mine is about 100 psi in front, than our tires shouldnt rub that bad..........also make sure when you buy new tires try not to get the softest tires there is...it will wear much faster:thumbup:
 

·
Dis Member
Joined
·
87 Posts
Really???

low_huh? said:
if you get your truck aligned at ride height............mine is about 100 psi in front, than our tires shouldnt rub that bad..........also make sure when you buy new tires try not to get the softest tires there is...it will wear much faster:thumbup:
Your ride hieght is 100 psi?, what bags are you running 225c or 224c? or some other kinda bag?

That's on the high side for ride hieght, should be more in the neighborhood of 70-80 psi.

SOLOMA
As long as u get your truck aligned you should not wear through tires any quicker than you normally would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOOD i hope they won't!!!! So all i gotta do is find a ride height that is comfprtable and then take it and get it aligned?? How much air is everyone running in their bags??With a V6

Thanks For the replies!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
i cant run 70 or 80 psi bro....i got 18s in front........i got contitech bags in front.........pretty *****en bags..........but yeah i think i can run 90 psi at the lowest with out rubbing the tires.....im sure i could run lower if i had smaller rims but......:whogives:
 

·
amatuer porn star
Joined
·
614 Posts
dman i run with my bags fully aired up since i dont have any shocks ...otherwise i bottom out on the road.
$hitty california roads
 

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
i know how sh***y the roads are in cali.........thats why i run shocks:thumbup:
 

·
Dis Member
Joined
·
87 Posts
low_huh? said:
i cant run 70 or 80 psi bro....i got 18s in front........i got contitech bags in front.........pretty *****en bags..........but yeah i think i can run 90 psi at the lowest with out rubbing the tires.....im sure i could run lower if i had smaller rims but......:whogives:
Uhh, I have 18's up front too, i easily run 70-80psi. I'd care ride quality suffers a lot at that high of a pressure,

I run 18x7's up front with 225/40/18's
 

·
Dis Member
Joined
·
87 Posts
SOLOMA said:
GOOD i hope they won't!!!! So all i gotta do is find a ride height that is comfprtable and then take it and get it aligned?? How much air is everyone running in their bags??With a V6

Thanks For the replies!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
Well i usually drive mine at 75psi, i have a v6 up front. If you run 224c's like i'm running you should have no problems running between 70-80psi, that should be your target psi.

Word has it that airlifts bags/brackets let you run at a little lower psi, i can't tell you much for specifics on them though as I have no experince with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,094 Posts
low_huh? said:
i know how sh***y the roads are in cali.........thats why i run shocks:thumbup:
You guys think you have ****ty roads...come ride around here with me in Michigan...
 

·
Dis Member
Joined
·
87 Posts
01ZQ8 said:


You guys think you have ****ty roads...come ride around here with me in Michigan...
WORD!!!!
 

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
im sure contitech bags are different than frestone thats why you guys can rnu at a lower psi........no worries.......i basically ride tuckin tire like im sure you do too:thumbup:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top