S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm running stock exhaust on a 2.2 and it sounds like a Honda Civic. I would like to put a flowmaster 40 or something equivalent to try to eliminate ricer civic crap. Would a Flowmaster 40 make it sound deeper or would it just sound like a civic with a flowmaster? If anybody has any clips of their 2.2 exhaust I'd like to hear it, and any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Resident Hardhead
747 Posts
look at the sticky theres an assload of clips in there

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have, but none will answer my question of an exhaust on a stock 2.2. Performance wise, my truck is mostly stock, so I'm wondering how much just the muffler will effect the sound.

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
A flowmaster would still be kinda loud for a 4 cyl. I'd suggest a dynomax super turbo, they're a little quieter and flow better anyway.

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Volume is not really a problem, and if it had a good sound I wouldn't mind it being a little louder. I just wanna get rid of the high pitched ricer sound.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
If you want to get rid of the ricer sound get rid of your truck because there is absolutely no way around it. It is a 2.2 4cyl!! They all sound like imports!!

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
ok...first off ignore him^

you got enough displacement to where it shouldnt sound like a tinny little shitvic and as long as you get a reasonable muffler on there it should sound pretty decent..i mean ive heard cars with 'import motors' (stratus) that just had a universal muffler...it was deep and not at all 'ricey' bc it is a 2.4L not a 1.3 or 1.7 or w/e civics are..you can try a flowmaster but id also listen to whoever mentioned the slightly quieter higher flowing muffler (dynomax i think it was?)

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I've heard 2.2L's that don't sound bad, a bigger engine would be better of course, but I couldn't be picky because I didn't even pay for my truck. I'll continue my search for the right muffler.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
flows sound like crap on a 2.2, magnaflow or even a hooker maxflow are the best for the 2.2 in terms of sound and prolly performance too IMO

·
Registered
857 Posts
a 50 delta flow flowmaster has a resonator chamber that will illiminate some of the high small displacement sound not to mention your in the states so you prob have a cat and that will illimitate some high pitched sounds as well

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Cerpin Taxt said:
I have, but none will answer my question of an exhaust on a stock 2.2. Performance wise, my truck is mostly stock, so I'm wondering how much just the muffler will effect the sound.
everything on my truck is stock except cold air intake filter and my magnaflow muffler. everything else is stock with the piping. i gotta deep sound out of it

·
Registered Pwnz0r
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was gonna be my next investment after the new muffler, a cold air intake. So hopefully that helps too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts