S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 s10 and i have replaced the fuel pump, filter, relay. My truck isnt gettin any fuel all my fuses are good any ideas i will take them. i was told by a freind to look for my oil fuel pump switch but i cant find it anywhere if any of you one knows how to track it down or find it i would realy appreciate it. pm or email [email protected]
thanks brandon

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Ya could be the oil pressure switch........but dude you didnt give a motor size so...........

·
2,679 Posts
Well you're in luck because I got my crystall ball back today.
On the pass side fire wall under the hood there is one extra wire with a connector on it but it isn't connected to anything (usually grey for your year). That is you +12v fuel pump test lead. Get a fuse and a 2' peice of wire. Connect one end to that test wire. Take a good fuse and hold it to the power block (2 red wires and a bolt on the fire wall) +12v all the time. Then connect the other end of the wire to the other end of the fuse. You should hear the pump wind up.
If it does not run:
Check for +12volts at power block
Check your rear parking light. (they share the same ground)
Connect an ohm meter from the FP test lead and ground. You should read kohms.

If it does run:
Check the ECMB Fuse.
(that circuit feeds;
Fuel pump
FR oil switch
FP relay
EGR controller)

If the pump runs for ~3 seconds every time you turn the key to run (pump priming) the relay is good.

If the pump runs but won't start:
check ECM 1 fuse and Ignition/guage fuse.
Check for +12v on the pink wire feeding the injectors.
Check for pulsating neg volts on injector blue wires when key is on run (No - volts then it's your ignition module or PCM)

Check for +12v on orange wire to 3 wire oil pressure switch.

Check for +12v and the ground at the pump

Good luck

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Sorry,ya,my crystal ball is in the shop............
LOL
Good info guy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i appreciate it found the problem tho i had a small break in the wire runnin from the relay to the switch still covered by the wire coating reconnected it and it fired rite up
thanks again brandon

·
Registered
378 Posts
was going to tell you to look for a break in the wire, i had that happen to me, pretty much bout the same time i did my 350 swap

·
2,679 Posts
Gee... That was the first thing that ran across the crystal ball, but I figured I'd better just write a generic test procedure so others could use it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gee... That was the first thing that ran across the crystal ball, but I figured I'd better just write a generic test procedure so others could use it.
Well I'm very thankfull that you did! I had an issue on 7/20 that I thought killed my fuel pump, which was just replaced 2 years ago. I had placed a lighted toggle switch on the 12+ into my Black Magic fan. Cranked my truck, all good and the switch was lit. I flipped the switch and my truck died. On trying to restart it I noticed I couldn't hear my fuel pump whine. Checked several fuses including the f/pump relay and ECM B. Don't know how I passed over ECM I. Read your post, realized I had missed one, thank God, there was my problem.

My S and I thank you!

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
damn bill mytest lead is on the drivers side behind the booster :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts