S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
ummmm... you suck! hehehe! Nice fockin truck! not too keen on the wing, but woooo that vette engine looks like a perfect fit in there, shoulda come as a factory option! :thumbup:

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Yeah that wing is far too rice for my taste, but to all there own. Loose the wing and you'll pobably pick up two tenth's of a second. LOL! Killer truck though!!!!

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The birds like hanging on the wing in the morning... what shall I do when I take it off? :p

:D :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I see LHT does some real quality work with the conversions. Nice looking truck, kind of racey looking like the touring cars on Speedvision. What kind of times are you running with engine and nitrous?

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
truck is nice. i bet i hauls ass, paint is definetly not my tastem nor are the wheels.

as for the back..

wings are for planes and birds, not trucks

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Very nice truck. Different Paint theme but looks okay. Id say to ditch the bookshelf, I mean the wing on the back - - I doubt it does anything for ya.

Also, Id take off the SSR sticker on the door. We dont want a fellow S10'r to cross into "misbadged" rice territory. Doesnt matter how fast it is, it cant have that. Vette motor with nitrous = :thumbup:

John

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the wing does work. It's not on their for prettys its their for functionality.. At high speeds, the back end is very unstable and I needed something to straighten it out. I had it made by a place in Cali that makes down force equipment for touring cars. If you go as fast as I do on the track, it DOES makes a difference, even though its not the best looking thing. I got it built for functionality... B/c I do drag my truck not just to sit there.....

My best time in the 1/4: 10.700 sec. 126.600 mph 1.775 sixty...

Thats with nitrous... Without nitrous, I've never ran to see what it does... I'm planning on throwing on a supercharger on it and hopefully be in the 9's somewhere.. I hope :D

With the TV's in the visors, go to: http://www.partsexpress.com 89.00 bucks each.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ohh **** 10's. body work may not be to my taste but you cant argue with results. keep it up man

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
10.70's with a 1.7 60'? You sure bout that? I had a 89 GTA that went 14.0's and would get 1.8 60'. Post a time slip up here i wanna see it.

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alowerlevel said:
10.70's with a 1.7 60'? You sure bout that? I had a 89 GTA that went 14.0's and would get 1.8 60'. Post a time slip up here i wanna see it.
Whats wrong with that? So, I have bit of traction problem at the beginning, once I get grip then I'm gone..

My friend has a fox body 5.0 that hella alot faster than I am and he runs mid 8's... His times are very consistent and his 60' usually 1.65 to 1.785... Explain that one to me then?

And of course, I will post my slips for the non-believers too... geesh :rolleyes:

·
500? 88 & 38 all the way!
463 Posts
Hey, I'm with ya on the wing. I have an ARE bed cover with the ARE sport wing on it and I think it looks bad a**. Now if I could only get the Vette motor! :evilg:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
wow thats awsome wing not really my style but with a vette engine in a s-10 i would want something to hold it down....nice truck man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts