S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already had the sub box built to the size I wanted but I wanted to hide the amp some plus make better use of my space in the back since, as you can see, I carry a buncha crap in the back all the time.

Amp is the Hifonics listed in my sig. I just added on the bottom part to my sub box so thats why it doesn't look the best, but still pretty good. I may add a 12v fan in the future if I find it overheats but it hasn't yet

then a closeup of the amp from the back (black screen covers it, you can't see in if you look through my back glass at all.

Then shots from the back of the box with the seat folded down

The grey things on my power wire are plugs so I can quickly and safely disconnect my power wires from my amp and haul the sub/box/amp combo out if I needed to haul something big. You may have seen these on welders or jumper cables before. The plugs were $19 a piece but I can never again accidentally wire ground to power and power to ground plus I don't have to cap off the ends if I take the amp out cuz they're covered.

Then the little amp for my front speakers

And finally the blue glow that I get from the amp at night.
I put aluminum foil on the inside of the amp compartment so the LED's reflect out of the screen instead of just being hidden inside the compartment

And yes I know my box needs touched up with some black paint, it's been through alot. With the bottom board screwed to the floor it's nearly impossible to have my amp stolen cuz of how the boards are all screwed together. And did you notice the craftsman tool set no longer hogging all that TONS of room in the back?

just a short list of what I have back there anyways...
hitch receiver and ball, 20ft jumper cables, two gallons coolant, 3 quarts oil, duct tape, electrical tester, spot light, extra brakes, tarp, two tool bags, rear wiper motor, ratchet straps, liquid electrical tape, small black neck pillow and blanket (in case I gotta sleep in the truck some nite on a trip or something)

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tempe said:
From what I see it appears the sub box and amp rack were spray painted but not primered first :(

Tempe
yeah...
I didn't know about primering MDF

Oh well. maybe if I get ambitious this summer I'll sand the paint off and primer it then repaint it.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i could carpet it preetty easily too I think... either nice grey or black carpet glued on and tacked underneath/on the back

·
Akatsuki Attack Squirrel
2,539 Posts
might be a dumb question, but will that plug thing you've got for your amp ground/power work on any amp? And, if so, where could I get one? Thanks.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
winkyhead said:
might be a dumb question, but will that plug thing you've got for your amp ground/power work on any amp? And, if so, where could I get one? Thanks.
yeah works on any amp. just place at any point along the power wires. i hard soldered the wires in so I could reuse the plugs on different wires. but with 4awg wire "solder" means a torch and copper pipe solder...
get them at any welding shop, towing shop (they use these plugs on their jumper cables), etc.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
frederick, my church is in taylorsville, my paintball field is in taneytown, my girl is in upperco (just inside baltimore co) and I'm quite familiar with westminster

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
screen is cuz when you look through my tinted back windows at a black box with a black screen covering the amp you can't see the amp at all. the flash kinda exposes it in the pictures...

and at night I kinda want the light showing through cuz it fills the back of my Jimmy with blue

its really just there to keep people from glancing in and seeing my amp. if someone took a light they could see it at night...beats me. I may cover it with peg board or something cuz I'm not really feelin the screen either.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone check out the classic car show at McHenry Auto parts in Frederick a couple weekends ago? It was pretty sweet.

btw, thats where I got my welding plugs...

·
Registered
325 Posts
juddspaintballs said:
frederick, my church is in taylorsville, my paintball field is in taneytown, my girl is in upperco (just inside baltimore co) and I'm quite familiar with westminster
I'm in New Windsor, work with someone that goes to that paintball field in Taneytown all the time, drive through Taylorsville on the way to work and my girl lived in (well near) Upperco before she moved in with me. Small world.
Tempe, I think I've seen your truck around, maybe parked in front of ... ;)

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we should set up a maryland gathering. go cruzin tearin up the town and blastin music. i'll be home may 4....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts