S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 721 Posts

·
Is it done YET?
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a few pics of my project. I have been working on it for a few weeks now just nights after work and school with my buddy so its coming along pretty slow but steady. The notch is set up to clear 22's but we will see what the future has in store.

BTW: I am very new to this so take it easy on us. I don't claim to be a professional by any means. I wanna hear what you guys have to think and I am sure there is quite a few things you guys would have done differently but I figure you hafta learn somehow.

The big peice of metal that hangs out on either side in the rear of the frame is just there to help me keep the rear bar square. Also the frame is just mocked up in place to I can get some pics of it. The welding is nowhere near done.

Attachments

·
ne·far·i·ous - wicked
1,199 Posts
looks like a major project well under way

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
badass, i love full frame builds..........nothing like um. are you gonna keep the front frame clip?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
AVTekk said:
ya looks ok..dont trust your garage floor to be too level tho
I think it looks better than ok.. I think it looks great.. comin along nicely man, what size/thickness tubing is that?

·
Is it done YET?
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
cab said:
I think it looks better than ok.. I think it looks great.. comin along nicely man, what size/thickness tubing is that?
Hey thanks alot cab... It means alot coming from you guys that i have been trying to learn s**t from for the past year or so...

The metal is 2X3 under the cab and its 2X4 up around the back...and its all 1/4" thick...

I will have some more pics up tonight...

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
are you gonna smooth everything out on the front clip and paint the entire thing? keep the pics coming

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
Blazinlow15 said:
Hey man its looking really good, Areyou using the stock front clip or r u building a new one??
read post #7

·
Is it done YET?
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heres a few pics I took tonight after we got the frame all squared up...most of the crossmembers are just tacked in until I get my new tranny deminsions.

Attachments

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ya well ya know what i mean..looks good. i wouldnt have done 2x4 over the back tho, 2x3 is more than enough brother..

·
Is it done YET?
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AVTekk said:
ya well ya know what i mean..looks good. i wouldnt have done 2x4 over the back tho, 2x3 is more than enough brother..
Thanks...Yeah I know... I just went with 2X4 for the look...it looks more like frame rails to me compared to 3X3 and 2X3.

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
to each their own on the frame rails, my backhalf rails are 2x3 and under the cab they are 3x3. are you gonna do anything crazy for the back half and what size steal are you going to use for your tranny x member? i read in your sig that you are goin for body over 22s, sounds like we're takin the same route! good luck w/ everything

·
Is it done YET?
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
themostoriganal said:
to each their own on the frame rails, my backhalf rails are 2x3 and under the cab they are 3x3. are you gonna do anything crazy for the back half and what size steal are you going to use for your tranny x member? i read in your sig that you are goin for body over 22s, sounds like we're takin the same route! good luck w/ everything
Yeah it was just personal preference on the rails. On the back half I am just gonna go with a forward 4 link with the bags on the lower bars I think... maybe i'll get brave and try some lever but I want this thing finished sometime in the next year! haha... I think i am gonna use 2X2 for the tranny and carrier crossmember...I also plan to use that for my lower link/lift bars. All the steel i have now is 2x2x1/4" its kinda over kill but i don't see why i should be worried about weight. I just wanna be sure that nothing is gonna give with the LT1 in there.

Yeah good luck to you too man. I hope I can get the 22's under there somehow. After all this work settling for 20's just doesn't seem right...

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
theyll go under there, just tub the hell out of your firewall and scratch the ac, youll have to notch hella much for tie rods and trim a little on the bag cups but theyll fit. run a 255/30/22 or a 295/25/22 and youll be good.....

·
F**K STOCK
830 Posts
any updates???

1 - 20 of 721 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.